Kazakhstan visa free experiences 2014 [archive]

Is the road, border or area open and accessible to foreigners? Is there danger?
Forum rules
Before asking a border crossing question, make sure you have read the relevant article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/border-crossings/

Before submitting a crossing report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Existing forum topics are linked to from the border crossing pages on the site.

Thank you!
steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Kazakhstan visa free experiences

Post by steven »

Good question, the officials have failed to mention that.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

Wickychicky

Post by Wickychicky »

ok, we're going to give it a go.
Let you know in September… or before if the MFA responds to the email.
0 x

ustrasse

Post by ustrasse »

Does anyone know if the process for applying for a Russian transit visa has changed with Kazakhstan's new visa free policy? Normally you would need to show a visa for Kazakhstan (or any destination country after Russia), so I'm wondering if the process has become more difficult or if any proof of onward travel is good enough?
0 x
Route nach Unbekannte Straße
From Germany to....?
http://www.u-strasse.com

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

I think the answer to that is almost certainly yes, more difficult. You will need to explain them that you do not need a visa for 14 days anymore.
0 x

Wickychicky

Post by Wickychicky »

The Kazakh consulate department in London confirmed you can go in and out of Kazakhstan as many times as you like on this 15 day visa-waiver trial.
They just reminded us to make sure we don't stay more than 15 days each time.
0 x

Yinj

Post by Yinj »

I am from Malaysia, last year I entered Kazakhstan twice, the first time I get two stamps on the card, and I didn't go to register as I didn't stay for more than 5 days, I leave the country without any issue.

And then I enter again for the second time and stay for a week, at the border the officer only gave me one stamp in the beginning and I asked for another one. After he checked with another officer he gave me another stamp. But I wasn't sure about the registration so I still went to the place in Shymkent and the officer told me I don't need to register.

I think you only need to register if you get only one stamp at the border, just double check and make sure they give you 2 stamps at the border.
0 x

Niabuki

Post by Niabuki »

Oh waw thank you Yinj for the update !
I arrived yeserday in Almaty, by plane and got 2 stamps on my migration card. However, even if i read that 2 stamps = registered I wanst really sure as my friend told me here that i didnt get a stamp on the back of the migration crd somaybe i should register.
Anyway im going tomorrow to the office and will ask, fingers crossed i wont need it but im staying 10 or 12 days so dnt know ....

As soon as I get some i formations i keep you updated ^^
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

2 stamps is fine, you don't need to register. I don't know where your friend got his/her information but you do not need an extra stamp on the back of your registration, that is false.
0 x

Niabuki

Post by Niabuki »

Ok so here I come with my personnaL experience xD
I went today to the French Consulate and I ask if I needed to be registered. They said, that untill February you didnt have to but now it changed and you have to.
They also mention that ACTUALLY no Law or no texts on governments or ministries websites precised that registration was mandatory even with 2 stamps.
They got this information by a French guy tat came in february and feedbacked the consulate. So they told me i better go there and check by myself.
I did. And I presented my passport with my migration card with the 2 stamps. They gave me a form to fill (name surname birthdate number of passeport adress in Almaty, im couchsurfing so i gave my host adress) and you give it back with a copy of passport and migration card. One hour later i got my certificate of registration.

So for what it worth it is just my personnal experience ....
Maybe none of this was necessary and I just stressed too much about registration xD
0 x

roro

Post by roro »

Did you know if Kazakhstan can be entered without visa for the next monthes?
I've heard that this "experience" was only valid until July 2015.

Cheers

RR.
0 x