Kazakhstan visa free experiences 2014 [archive]

Is the road, border or area open and accessible to foreigners? Is there danger?
Forum rules
Before asking a border crossing question, make sure you have read the relevant article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/border-crossings/

Before submitting a crossing report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Existing forum topics are linked to from the border crossing pages on the site.

Thank you!
steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Kazakhstan visa free experiences

Post by steven »

see http://caravanistan.com/visa/kazakhstan under visa-free regime for timely updates.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

roro

Post by roro »

Thanks, sounds good... cross my fingers!

RR.
0 x

klubik

Post by klubik »

Hello,
any news about the visa free rule being extended or will it expire on the 15th of July 2015?
Thx!
0 x

WorldWideWebster

Post by WorldWideWebster »

It was extended. Absolutely no problems for me, US citizen, entering from China 17 July. Big smiles, "Amerika!!"
0 x

Dakkus

As

Post by Dakkus »

I'm a Finnish citizen, visa free regime has been in effect since Aug 15th.
Entered Kazakstan from the direction of Saratov, near Uralsk/Oral.
Tried to register at the migration police in Shymkent, was told that no registration is needed with the visa waiver program, they refused to do anything.
Left for Kyrgyzstan on the fifth day using the border crossing near Taraz, in western Kyrgyzstan, no problems.
Entered Kazakhstan again two days ago, on the border crossing north of Bishkek. Asked a border guard (in Russian) how to register. He said no registration is necessary. I asked if I can be 15 days in Kazakhstan without a registration, the border guard said I can.
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

Nice to hear. Did you get a migration card? Did they already put 2 stamps on it?
0 x

Dakkus

Post by Dakkus »

On the first entry (west of Uralsk, coming from Saratov) they took my passport, filled in the migration card and told me to go to the other booth, where a passport control took place. RK (Cyrillic: PK) was marked as inviting party. The border guard put two stamps on the card and one on the passport and gave them to me. He said something about registration that I didn't understand, then asked if I understood him. I told yes and got going ;)
On the second entry (north of Bishkek), I filled my migration card mostly by myself, leaving only the field for inviting party empty. The border guard filled in "Almaty" on the field, put two stamps on the card and one stamp on my passport and I was good to go.

So, to put it short: Yes, they did.
1 x

EtsyUts

Post by EtsyUts »

We cross by train from uzb with spanish passport, no problems. Only 1 stamp... We went yesterday to get registered in Turkistan, and they said that We can stay until 30 days without registration because our europeas passport... We don't know if try again in Almaty or "trust" the police... :S any suggestion?
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

Try again in Shymkent or Almaty is my suggestion. Could be a new rule, there are things moving, but I have not heard of this yet.
0 x