Tajikistan border - NO visa issued

Is the road, border or area open and accessible to foreigners? Is there danger?
Forum rules
Before asking a border crossing question, make sure you have read the relevant article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/border-crossings/

Before submitting a crossing report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Existing forum topics are linked to from the border crossing pages on the site.

Thank you!
steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Tajikistan border - NO visa issued

Post by steven »

Nobody knows, the border is not even necessarily closed. Some People say they will Close it, others say they won't. We will have to wait a few days to find out which is true.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

povertyjetset

Post by povertyjetset »

Dropped off GBAO permit app. this morning at OVIR. Place was absolutely mobbed (not with tourists, though). Told to return 10 am tomorrow to pick up permit. Didn't have to leave passport. 20 som paid at Amonat Bank down the street then another 5 som at the office. Easy. Hopefully have the permit in hand tomorrow.
0 x

Olivier

Post by Olivier »

Hello guys,

My girlfriend and I are currently in Khorog. We will take the Pamir highway soon, we have to be in Sary Tash (Kyrg) on Sept. 11th 2014.

We got a GBAO permit issued in Dushabe two days ago without much trouble. We had to wait a lot thought.

Our visas expire on Sept. 15th, we hope to cross the border at Bor Dobo - Kyzylart on Sept. 11th. We will keep you posted!
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

Thanks! Getting out should not be an issue.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

stephenp

Post by stephenp »

We collected the GBAO on Saturday in Dushanbe. Was a quick and easy pick up from OVIR and no suggestion that there would be issues with borders.

Dushanbe is getting a spruce up and some of the construction sites are being walled off from view - but otherwise the city is quietly getting on with life.

A couple of other cyclists heading west have visas being extended and that appears to be straight forward as well.

Stephen
0 x

Dracid

Post by Dracid »

I got my Tajik visa in Berlin on 11th of July (30 day, two-entry) with the GBAO permit (also valid for 30 days). Nobody said anything about closing borders in September.
0 x

hardorp

Post by hardorp »

I just called the embassy of Tajikistan in Berlin. Because of a national holiday and some event with heads of state from around the world in Duschanbe on September 11 and 12, there are restrictions in place for people applying for visas. But all those who have valid visas can enter and leave Tajikistan before September 16! The chap at the embassy said: What else? We can't issue them a visa and then turn them back at the border. That makes a lot of sense. Of course things sometimes happen that make no sense at all. But not here. :)
0 x