Pakistan to India border LoC by Bike (North of Wagah)

Is the road, border or area open and accessible to foreigners? Is there danger?
Forum rules
Before asking a border crossing question, make sure you have read the relevant article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/border-crossings/

Before submitting a crossing report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Existing forum topics are linked to from the border crossing pages on the site.

Thank you!
dimml0r

Pakistan to India border LoC by Bike (North of Wagah)

Postby dimml0r » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:01 am

1. Yes i read the India - Pakistan border article
2. Yes i searched the forum for my answer, maybe somebody can help me with a link where this has been discussed

I want to cross from Pakistan to India by bycicle. Let's assume i have the valid visas, but no further special regional permits.

Question: Is there any other way to cross further north than Wagah? I have read about several bus services cutting through the asad kashmir zone. But there is no information if tourists are allowed. Of course i do not need to cross cycling... willing to put the bike on the bus as long as necessary.

Thank you guys

btw: my first post, but i am a silent reader since years. love the border stories ;)
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Pakistan to India border LoC by Bike (North of Wagah)

Postby steven » Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:17 am

Hi dimml0r,

glad to see you finally crossed that treshold and decided to post :-). I personally don't know the answer, otherwise I would add it to the site, so this is more to welcome you, and to encourage you to post back once you find out if tourists are allowed. So far, haven't had any info on Kashmir here.
0 x
I read the forum every Monday, Wednesday and Friday.

If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D