Khyber Pass/Torkham border reports (AF>PAK)

Is the road, border or area open and accessible to foreigners? Is there danger?
Forum rules
Before asking a border crossing question, make sure you have read the relevant article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/border-crossings/

Before submitting a crossing report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Existing forum topics are linked to from the border crossing pages on the site.

Thank you!
Felix

Re: Khyber Pass/Torkham border reports (AF>PAK)

Postby Felix » Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:11 pm

I just completed another Torkham border crossing with driver and car organised on both sides ahead of time. Crossing was completely problem-free. No issues with border police or crossing through Khyber Agency on the Pakistan side. I crossed AF-PK but It would seem the opposite direction is also clear right now. Border is a chaotic market on both sides, so a little help form a person you trust to find the various check points and to applying appropriate queuing techniques (Anything goes is the method of choice). There appear to be regular shared taxis from Torkham to Islamabad, but as I said, I had organised a pick up with a trustworhy person ahead of time.
2 x

Felix

Postby Felix » Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:16 pm

I should add that I obtained both PAK and AF visa indicating I would fly between Kabul and Islamabad. But htis didn't cause any problems at the border.
0 x

Indorus

Postby Indorus » Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:48 pm

How is it when you come from the other way? Ie from Pakistan to Afghanistan ? You need NOC for Border area?

I am a Russian Passport holder and would want to cross that way in March 2020.
0 x