Travel safety in Iraqi Kurdistan?

Is the road, border or area open and accessible to foreigners? Is there danger?
Forum rules
Before asking a border crossing question, make sure you have read the relevant article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/border-crossings/

Before submitting a crossing report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Existing forum topics are linked to from the border crossing pages on the site.

Thank you!
markwn

Re: Travel safety in Iraqi Kurdistan?

Post by markwn »

Are there any restrictions on nationality? Who is forbidden to enter at all?

At some point in my life I was caught up in a whole series of deferred deposit loans and I can relate to the motivation behind those very well. It is not like I wouldn’t use another opportunity if I had a choice, but I didn’t. So my best advice is to approach this matter responsibly, click at every offer and compare APRs and other fees, also consider how good are your chances to repay the debt by its due date. Good luck!
Last edited by markwn on Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

ET_

Post by ET_ »

markwn wrote:Are there any restrictions on nationality? Who is forbidden to enter at all?
Not that I know of, some countries (see link) are visa free while the rest have to get clearance but I don’t know of anyone being forbidden

https://us.gov.krd/en/services/visa-information/
1 x

Globetrotting Diana

Post by Globetrotting Diana »

I traveled for a month in Iraqi Kurdistan on my own in 2919 October - November. It was all safe within the borders of Iraqi Kurdistan. Came to Iraqi Kurdistan from Turkey by bus and left for Iran by car. I've been to the following places: Erbil, Rawanduz, Shaklawa, Akre, Soran, Choman, Halgurd, Shanidar, Zarogvan, Barzan, Dereluk, Amedi, Duhok, Lalish, Alqosh, Mar Mattai, Ranya, Suleymania, Phenjwen.
1 x