Hojayli - Konye-Urgench border crossing (UZ - TM)

Is the road, border or area open and accessible to foreigners? Is there danger?
Forum rules
Before asking a border crossing question, make sure you have read the relevant article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/border-crossings/

Before submitting a crossing report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Existing forum topics are linked to from the border crossing pages on the site.

Thank you!
camgaut

Hojayli - Konye-Urgench border crossing (UZ - TM)

Post by camgaut »

Can anyone confirm borders in Turkmenistan are closed on weekends? Thanks a lot in advance!
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Border crossing from/to Turkmenistan

Post by steven »

They are open. Where did you get this info?
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

Frogs On Wheels

Post by Frogs On Wheels »

Hello

I would like an info regarding the open borders between Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan. Regarding the borders crossing map and previous comments, it seems ok. Though at the Turkmen embassy of Tehran, Iran, it is stated that the only borders we can select during the visa application is the Farap borders.

I would like to know if anybody applied from that embassy asking for a different exit point than Farap or decided to exit from Turkmenistan from a different exit point - e.g. Dashoguz or Urgench.

Thanks for your feedback

Frogs On Wheels
0 x

camgaut

Post by camgaut »

Thank you Steven! I just remember chinese borders are closed on weekends and I was afraid this might be the same for Turkmenistan.
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

People have applied and exited from different exit points in turkmenistan, frogs.
0 x

Rapha

Post by Rapha »

Hello,
I read that Turkmenistan closed the Bajgiran border to Iran in December 2014? Does anyone have more information about that? Is it only for trucks or for everyone?
Is it actually possible/allowed to cross that border by bike?

Thanks for information. :)
Rapha
0 x

Frogs On Wheels

Post by Frogs On Wheels »

We picked up our visa for Turkmenistan in Mashad this morning and a swiss cyclist present there too got his visa with Bajgiran as entry point. So obviously open to cyclists, no worry ☺
0 x

FlorVallejo

Post by FlorVallejo »

Well, we picked up the visa 3 weeks ago to cross by the Konye Urgench (TK) - Hojeli (UZ) border, and in the hotel here in Nunus they are telling us that it is closed and that we have to get back to Urganch!!! Does anybody know something about this issue? Tks!
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

Did the hotel mention the reason or their source? It's not far to the border, might be worthwhile to have a look there. I wouldn't trust a single source. Get confirmation first.
0 x

FlorVallejo

Post by FlorVallejo »

She told me that was under construction, that she had the report of some tourists that tried to cross.

Also, when I wrote this, I search in travel blogs. In this article of July 6th 2015, this guy says that it is closed and may be re-open by August 2015. (http://www.iwanderwhy.net/blog/crossing ... rkmenistan).

If we can, we will try to have a look today. Tell you later.
0 x