Embassy report: Uzbek visa in Bishkek

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
Cam

Re: Embassy report: Uzbek visa in Bishkek

Post by Cam »

Hi all,

I'm hoping to get my Uzbekistan visa this week in Bishkek. Does anyone know if the death of the President has affected anything? Not sure if there is a period of national mourning...

Many thanks,

Cam
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

Embassies open again as of today.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

Cam

Post by Cam »

Thanks Steven,

No problem getting the Uzbekistan visa today. Had it in under 2 hours including the trip to the bank, no appointment but apologised and they seemed sorta OK. Actually I managed to get Iran, Tajikistan, and Uzbekistan visas all in under 36 hours. Made a rush to Turkmenistan embassy to get a fourth but too late. Maybe quiter time of year?
1 x

Karoutcho

Post by Karoutcho »

If you don't have 7 days to wait for the uzbek visa, and no extra-money to spend on a LOI if not needed, here is a good option.

5 posts ago, I was talking about applying in Bishkek to pick our visa up in Dushanbe.
We just got it this morning !

Here is more information : http://caravanistan.com/forum/viewtopic ... 7931#p7931
1 x

Linda

Post by Linda »

Thanks to the election on December 4th, we got our visa within only 3 working days (applied on Tue, picked up on Fri).

Got only 18 days validity instead of 30, but still the same price. 75$ for Swiss, 160$ for US American, to pay in Dollars. The bank is KICB at the corner of Zhukeev Pudovkin Street and Aaly Tokombaev Street: 42.826648 74.613847
1 x

GiacomoLuppi

Post by GiacomoLuppi »

I did the LOI with Caravanistan.com; yesterday I called the embassy and I got an appointment for today at 10 AM.
IMPORTANT: On Monday no Visa service.
Once I gave all the documents (copy of passport, two documents from the Uzbek agency, copy of Kyrgyz stamp, passport) I received the paper for the payment.
Once I paid I received back the passport with Visa.
The woman at the counter seems to be delicate and easy to get angry; anyway I kept my smile and in the end she smiled too
1 x

exploreout

Uzbekistan visa in Bishkek

Post by exploreout »

Tried to get a visa for Uzbekistan today here in Bishkek. Arrived around 1105. There were two men sitting outside on the benches waiting. I went in and the lady said very rudely, "What do you want!". I told her I wanted to get a visa. She asked me if I had an appointment, I said no. Then, she asked me where I was from, I told her America, then she said, "Go wait outside!". I was thinking wow, how rude!

So, I went outside to wait. About two minutes pass and two ladies come in. She looks out the window and calls one in. 15 minutes later, she calls in the next lady. 15 minutes later one of the men waiting were called in. Then, a lady entered from the outside, she looked out the window and immediately called her in. 10 minutes later the man and the woman leave and the last man is serviced. So, I think finally it's my turn. I go up to the door to open it and it's locked. So, I sit back down to wait for her to call me, the intercom came on but she didn't say anything. I wait another 10 minutes and try to open the door again this time making a lot of noise to see if she happened to forget about me. Nothing. I waited for another five minutes and left.

So, I'm not going to Uzbekistan and therefore not going to Afghanistan either. I'm not mad though at all. So many of my friends and family did not want me visiting either country and I was torn on it myself. I think what happened today happened for a reason. Heading to China next.
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Uzbekistan visa in Bishkek

Post by steven »

Seems like the power-happy psychopath of old is back! Will merge this topic with the lengthy discussion on her antics.

Please have a look before posting embassy reports: there usually is already a topic on the matter. Saves me 5 minutes of work having to merge the 2 topics.
0 x

exploreout

Post by exploreout »

I knew there was a thread somewhere, didn't look hard enough. Is this thread a sticky?

Also, wow, I thought it was just me. Darn it! Now, that kinda kills my "it happened for a reason" line of thought.. Hmm, oh well, I'm still not going.
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

You can search (top-right).

Better yet, the city embassy report on the Uzbek visa page usually already links to the designated thread.
0 x