Dushanbe - Khorog flight Q&A

All about Tajikistan. Expert: Pamirski, Christian77
asherr130

Re: Dushanbe - Khorog flight Q&A

Post by asherr130 »

Just got word from my friend on the ground in Dushanbe that the flight is running again - 1 flight per day, depending on weather.
1 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

That is the helicopter, yes?

Did he say anything about prices?
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

bwv812
China expert
China expert

Post by bwv812 »

According to the earlier links it sounds like they got the airplane fixed and back in service.
0 x

asherr130

Post by asherr130 »

Sorry - should have been more specific. The airplane, prices should be as before. Will be booking tickets in the next few days and can give further updates then.
1 x

Velotraveller

Post by Velotraveller »

Any news about the flight to Khorog ? Is it possible to book it online in advance or do you have to arrange it at he airport in Dushanbe ?
We will arrive in Dushanbe at the 5th Sept. and would like to fly to Khorog if possible. Hope they will carry our bikes.
0 x

asherr130

Post by asherr130 »

Have to arrange in person at the Tajik Air office in Dushanbe. Supposed to take the flight tomorrow, weather permitting.Wwill post another update when I can.
1 x

magdaandjohn

Post by magdaandjohn »

We took a flight from Khorog to Dushanbe on the 24th of July. Ticket price was 682 Somoni per person. Had to reserve the day before to be on the list and come back the day of the flight at 9am to pay for the tickets. Normally it's one flight per day. On the day we took it, there were two flights, one in the morning one in the afternoon. We got tickets for the afternoon flight, only found out about it when paying for the tickets.
2 x

Velotraveller

Post by Velotraveller »

Thanks for the information. So then we will arrange our flight when we arrive in Dushanbe. Maybe we are lucky and will get a flight at the same day.
0 x

Casy

Post by Casy »

I would like to take the plane from Khorog to Dushanbe sometime mid October. As previously mentioned you obviously have to put your name on the list the day before the flight. I assume the only place to do this is at the airport ticket office?! Does anyone know until what time you can do this? Still possible in the afternoon?

In case the flight is cancelled (due to weather etc.): How are the chances to still catch a shared taxi to Dushanbe the same morning (which would probably be around 9 or 10 am.)?
0 x

Casy

Post by Casy »

I just got the following information from PECTA:
"The only way to get to Khorog from Dushanbe right now is grand transportation (shared taxis).
Yesterday the plane (the only one) made an emergency landing due to technical reasons. And currently there are no flights any more. No accurate information on when Tajik Air is going to re-launch the flights between Dushanbe and Khorog."
:(
2 x