Tajikistan to Pakistan (Islamabad)

Post your itinerary questions and trip reports here
Rosemary

Tajikistan to Pakistan (Islamabad)

Post by Rosemary »

Hi Guys and Gals, I am planning a trip Turkey to China overland starting next February 2018. I have planned my journey as far as Tajikistan, but then.........! I want to avoid Afghanistan (don't want to, but foolhardy to enter that beautiful country at the moment), and get to Islamabad to get my Chinese visa, up the KKH and enter China at Kashgar. My question is, anybody have any bright ideas how to get from Tajikistan to Islamabad please? I don't want to fly! Thanks, Rosemary
0 x

bwv812
China expert
China expert

Re: Tajikistan to Pakistan (Islamabad)

Post by bwv812 »

Well, you can take the route you mention in your post. Or you can skip Kashgar altogether and exit Tajikistan at Qolma, and head straight for Tashkurgan and Pakistan via the KKH. Remember that you can only get a Pakistan visa in your home country.
0 x

Rosemary

Post by Rosemary »

tks bwv812. will look into it. Cheers, Rosemary
0 x

Pamirski
Tajikistan expert
Tajikistan expert

Post by Pamirski »

Sorry, your planing seems contradictory. How would you cross China to enter Pakistan without a Chinese visa? Because you write, that you apply in Islamabad for the Chinese visa.
1 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

Pamirski wrote:Sorry, your planing seems contradictory. How would you cross China to enter Pakistan without a Chinese visa? Because you write, that you apply in Islamabad for the Chinese visa.
Correct, she would have to go around via Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan and Iran, or otherwise get a Chinese visa first and cross into China at Qolma or Irkeshtam.
1 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

SPR11

Post by SPR11 »

You'd be better of going the following route:
Turkey
Georgia
Armenia
Iran
Pakistan
China
Kazakhstan
Kyrgyzstan
Tajikistan
Uzbekistan
Onward
(Central Asia doesn't have to be in that order)

Alternatively you could do what Steven says, and go via Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan and Iran to Pakistan, and then China. Getting a Turkmen visa is a bitch though, or so I've heard.

Getting from Tajikistan to Pakistan by land would require you to go through China. Otherwise you'll have to fly.
0 x
Ramblings about our Asian journies at www.lostwithpurpose.com
There's some useful info too.