Question about train Dushanbe-Moscow and Moscow-Khodjent

The Silk Road by train. Experts: Milad, Provodnik
FerroWorldII

Question about train Dushanbe-Moscow and Moscow-Khodjent

Post by FerroWorldII »

Hi , does anyone know if the Dushanbe-Moscow train stops

in Amudarya station in Turkmenistan or in Karshi, Uzbekistan?

Maybe in any station of Uzbekistan?

The train Moscow-Khodjent, does it stops in Samarkand? In some

webs it says that it stops, but in other webs says that not.

Please, someone answer me

Kind regards.
1 x

sebhoff

Re: Question about train Dushanbe-Moscow and Moscow-Khodjent

Post by sebhoff »

Here's the route of the Dushanbe - Moscow train: https://pass.rzd.ru/tickets/public/en?l ... e1=2000000

From what I can see, it does stop in Karshi, but not in Amudarya.

I don't find any Moscow-Khodjent train connection (but that doesn't mean there isn't one...).

Sebastian
1 x

FerroWorldII

Post by FerroWorldII »

sebhoff wrote:Here's the route of the Dushanbe - Moscow train: https://pass.rzd.ru/tickets/public/en?l ... e1=2000000

From what I can see, it does stop in Karshi, but not in Amudarya.

I don't find any Moscow-Khodjent train connection (but that doesn't mean there isn't one...).

Sebastian

Thaks for the information ^^
0 x

Milad
Trains expert
Trains expert

Post by Milad »

Late answer: The Moskva - Dushanbe train has no stops in Uzbekistan and Turkmenistan that passengers may use at all. Only stations where an arrival time is indicated in the rzd.ru travel planner may be used by passengers. You'll nevertheless need a double-entry Uzbek and a Turkmen transit visa. You probably will be denied the Turkmen transit visa, as you'll enter and leave Turkmenistan from and to the same country (you may still try getting one), making the train basically inutilisable for Westerners. You may try to bribe the provodnik to let you out at one of those stops, but there's no guarantee that they will let you out (basically there's no guarantee that the train will actually stop there at all, except for the border stops, where border police will make sure that you don't get off).
Oh, and there actually is a train from Moscow to Khojand, you can find it in the rzd.ru travel planner by using the name "Hudjand" instead of "Khojand". It doesn't stop at Samarkand (at least not for passengers, again), the next station where you're allowed to get off is Beineu, the Kazakh border station. Train connections between Uzbekistan and Tajikistan that passengers can actually use are sparse or non existant due to bad relations between the two countries.
2 x

Crazydre
Visa expert
Visa expert

Post by Crazydre »

Milad wrote:You probably will be denied the Turkmen transit visa, as you'll enter and leave Turkmenistan from and to the same country (you may still try getting one), making the train basically inutilisable for Westerners.
The embassy in Geneva seems fine with it, and they even said it's possible to get an LOI from Ashgabat if applying on short notice and then get the visa at the border.
2 x

FerroWorldII

Post by FerroWorldII »

I just made a signature petition to make it stop in Uzbekistan and Turkmenistan... please share it..
Here goes the link : https://www.change.org/p/роҳи-оҳани-тоҷ ... uzbekistan
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

Here is some info I got by mail about the Kulob-Moscow train:

There are also changes in the train schedule with the opening of this border: Train 319/320 Kulob - Moscow now takes the direct route via Termiz and 319 leaves on wednesdays at 18.05 instead of thursdays. Actually it is not possible to use it for trips to Uzbekistan and it is also not allowed to leave the train at border station Amuzang. We had to get off at Sharituz, stayed the night in a platskartny and took a taxi (driven by the Station Nachalnik!) the next morning.

Because the coaches to Moscow come from Dushanbe the local train 602 now departs on wednesdays and saturdays instead of tuesday and returns on thursdays and sundays from Kulob. On wednesdays a part of the train is coupled off in Kurgonteppa and waits until 10 p.m. when the service from Kulob arrives back to continue to Moscow; one can stay on board if requested. Trains 6373 and 6374 to/from Pakhtaabad still run daily.

The "station" of Amusang where usbek controlls for train passengers take place lies on usbek territorium abour 200m south of the post in tadjik direction. Border controlls by tadjik authorities for train passengers are carried out on Khoshedy station which is situated about 20 km south of Sharituz.
1 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

FerroWorldII

Post by FerroWorldII »

I have some news, now you can buy tickets to the Amusang station in Uzbekistan in the Kulyob-Moscow route!
2 x

Jealgu

Post by Jealgu »

I was just a bit bored and googling around and found this
https://www.azernews.az/region/137074.html
Tajikistan railways now supposedly has the right to let off and pick up passengers in Termez, Samarkand and Kaershi. This is sounds great. I am, however not sure how useful it is. Which trains do avoid Turkmenistan? Only the ocean weekly Kulyab Moscow train? Or also Dushanbe Moscow? I also have not found a time schedule yet, so no idea how useful it is from that perspective. So glad to hear if anyone has a source.

I also remember reading that the Dushanbe Denau railway would be rehabilitated, but now I can't find this news back, so I am not sure.
2 x

Jealgu

Post by Jealgu »

To provide an answer to my own questions:

Is missed it on tutu because I was searching on routes to Samarkand, but when I looked at the routes I found out that both Dushanbe and Kulyab to Moscow stop 0831 at Termez and 2151 in Karshi. Though, only Kulyab to Moscow stops in Amuzang. I interpret this that only the Kulyab train bypasses Turkmenistan. The Dushanbe train leaves at an ungodly hour, the Kulyab train at above 1805.

Khudzand Moscow does stop in Samarkand, it leaves 1513 and arrives 2243.

Seems to be good news, making for some interesting options to travel tbetween the two countries. Please see for yourself for timings into other direction.
2 x