Embassy report: Tajik visa in Bishkek

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
Wickychicky

Re: Tajikistan Visa Report in Bishkek

Post by Wickychicky »

Here's an update for the current situation on getting Tajik visas and GBAO permit in Bishkek:

At the moment it is taking more than 4 working days to get your visa. As ours still hasn't arrived, I can't say if it's 5 or 6 or more.

GBAO permits are being issued for 5 days, MAXIMUM 6 if you beg!
0 x

povertyjetset

Re: Tajikistan Visa Report in Bishkek - 2014 [closed]

Post by povertyjetset »

Wickychicky wrote:Here's an update for the current situation on getting Tajik visas and GBAO permit in Bishkek:

At the moment it is taking more than 4 working days to get your visa. As ours still hasn't arrived, I can't say if it's 5 or 6 or more.

GBAO permits are being issued for 5 days, MAXIMUM 6 if you beg!
Did you get the visa? What was your entry date? There seems to be a new problem that no visas will be issued for entry Sep 1-15 and maybe the borders will be closed to foreigners too.
0 x

Asiatrek

Post by Asiatrek »

povertyjetset wrote:
Wickychicky wrote: Did you get the visa? What was your entry date? There seems to be a new problem that no visas will be issued for entry Sep 1-15 and maybe the borders will be closed to foreigners too.
No more tajik visa till the 15th of septembre... Even visa on arrival...

laurent
0 x

Hitchhooker

Post by Hitchhooker »

Sad day, sad fucking week. Been sleeping outside in Bishkek waiting for Tajikistan visa since 20th August, today were going to pick it up as this guy promised it should be ready. And nope, he couldn't tell me a week ago that they will not issue visas anymore a week later...
Having Uzbek and Iranian LOIs fixed up for Dushanbe for the coming weeks. Anyone happends to know where to find cheapest flights from bishkek to dushanbe in short notice?
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

Feel bad for you. Things haven't been so f$%ed up in a long time. I hope Uzbekistan and Tajikistan calm down quickly, but god knows. Another summer down the drain.

Keep us updated if you will.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

Hitchhooker

Post by Hitchhooker »

Asiatrek wrote:
povertyjetset wrote:
Wickychicky wrote: Did you get the visa? What was your entry date? There seems to be a new problem that no visas will be issued for entry Sep 1-15 and maybe the borders will be closed to foreigners too.
No more tajik visa till the 15th of septembre... Even visa on arrival...

laurent
I tried to ask is it possible still to fly in country and consular in Bishkek said it is. Where did you hear that it is not possible to obtain visas on arrival?
0 x

zahni

Post by zahni »

It is still possible to get a visa with entry date after the 15.09. (We got the 17.09 even if we applied for the 16.09.).
I don't know how long the process now takes since we applied already on the 14.08. with the 04.09. as entry date. We came back to Bishkek after 1 and a half week and were told that the borders are closed until the 15.09. so we changed the entry date left our passport there and picked it up the next day. We got 30 days and a 7 dwys GBAO permit.
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

Note that it is possible to get a 30-day GBAO in Dushanbe - see http://caravanistan.com/forum/viewtopic ... 1&start=30
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

kretek

Post by kretek »

Just a quick update:
Visa process takes 1,5 days as long as the ambassador is at home. Apparently, they don't always know in advance as they made me come to the embassy yesterday at 4pm and then again today in the morning.
30-day single-entry visa costs 75$+100som.
Entering date cannot be before the 16th and a GBAO permit can only be obtained for 6 days, which might cost another 10$ (don't know for sure as we did not apply for it).
0 x

Marty

Post by Marty »

Quick Update on Tajik Visa in Bishkek

We went today. completed application with passport photo and copy of passport. We were told visa now takes 3 days but to come on Wednesday. We begged them to issue it tomorrow due to flight on Wednesday and they said to come back tomorrow after lunch. Fingers crossed.

Cost 75 USD + 100 som, Pamir only issued or 6 days.
0 x