Train from Volgograd to Khiva/Nukus/Urgench, Uzbekistan, running October 2017?

The Silk Road by train. Experts: Milad, Provodnik
jetdude

Train from Volgograd to Khiva/Nukus/Urgench, Uzbekistan, running October 2017?

Post by jetdude »

Another train ride I haven't been able to confirm; Volgograd to Urgench/Khiva/Nukus, in Uzbekistan. Does anybody knows anything related to the trains running this route, if they are available in October?
Appreciate the comments.
jetdude
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Train from Volgograd to Khiva/Nukus/Urgench, Uzbekistan, running October 2017?

Post by steven »

Should be running as before. If not, you can change trains in Atyrau.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

ejcraft

Re: Train from Volgograd to Khiva/Nukus/Urgench, Uzbekistan, running October 2017?

Post by ejcraft »

Any word on the status of this route? Is it daily? Are tickets available at the station a few days before or should I book online with Russian Railways? Planning to do Volgograd to Nukus by train at the end of June, either direct or with 1-2 days in between at Atyrau — whatever is easiest. I can’t find much information about these trains online, so any updates would be appreciated.
0 x

ejcraft

Post by ejcraft »

Might as well answer my own question. This train appears to run only once a week now (according to the ticket seller in Volgograd), on Saturdays. Volgograd —> Nukus is 5700 rub. for platzkart, 9800 for kupe. Leaves Volgograd-1 at 19:59, arrive in Nukus two days later at 12:57.
2 x