Uzebekistan visa on the way through Russia and Kazakhstan

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
MichaelAngelo

Uzebekistan visa on the way through Russia and Kazakhstan

Postby MichaelAngelo » Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:21 pm

I have made an error in my trip planning: it did not occur to me that I required an Uzebekistan visa as a Canadian citizen. My intended route to get from North Cape, Norway, down to Dushanbe, Tajikistan, would be much simpler if I was able to travel through Tashkent, Uzbek, instead of skirting around the country.

My flight to Europe leaves tomorrow evening and I will of course require my original passport for the trip.

Is there any hope getting a visa or transit visa along my trip or somewhere I can sent my documents (and passport copy) today? Do I need to be present in person to pick up the passport (perhaps I can send to the embasy in St. Petersburg or Moscow?).

If not, I will have to skirt around the country to get to Dushanbe.

Thanks for the advice :).

Michael
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Uzebekistan visa on the way through Russia and Kazakhstan

Postby steven » Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:31 am

You can get it in Russia or in Almaty with a 3 day wait. You can also apply in Russia and pick it up in Almaty.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

MichaelAngelo

Postby MichaelAngelo » Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:28 pm

steven wrote:You can get it in Russia or in Almaty with a 3 day wait. You can also apply in Russia and pick it up in Almaty.

Would this be possible with passport photocopies? O tried to ask the New York consulate back home (it serves Canada) and they required original documents.
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Postby steven » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:46 am

You will need to give your passport initially. You can keep your while your application is being processed, though, but in short, you, or a travel agent, will need to go to the embassy with your passport in hand, both for application and pick-up.

Do keep in mind that you also need your passport to buy train tickets in Kazakhstan, and you really want to have your passport with you at all times in Russia, especially now with the heightened security for the World Cup football.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D