Uzbekistan e-visa Q&A

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
Pablo124

Re: Uzbekistan e-visa Q&A

Post by Pablo124 »

Had an identical experience as thl989 above.
The system initially rejected my photo because the head was too small. The system said the fee was $20 but payment with a US visa card was rejected.
0 x

unshod

Post by unshod »

luca wrote:Yep, now they are serious. It's coming on July 15 and this will be the correct website: https://e-visa.gov.uz/
So ... with my trip to Uzbekistan in late August (from California), I might as well wait one more week rather than FedEx my passport to NYC, is that right?

I wonder what form this "e-visa" will take to fit into my passport. Guess I'll find out soon enough!
0 x

Milad
Trains expert
Trains expert

Post by Milad »

So ... with my trip to Uzbekistan in late August (from California), I might as well wait one more week rather than FedEx my passport to NYC, is that right?
Generally, yes, but I'd advise it only if you'd still have enough time to get a sticker visa if the evisa page still doesn't work on July 15/rejects your payment card/...

Also, be advised that in the first weeks of evisa you'll serve as a test object for the border guards and might run into trouble at smaller border crossings, like other travellers did when evisa was introduced in Azerbaijan and Tajikistan. If you enter UZ via Tashkent Airport, you should be fine.
0 x

unshod

Post by unshod »

And here's a news report reaffirming the July 15th date:
https://thediplomat.com/2018/07/uzbekis ... e-e-visas/
1 x

tandemonde

Post by tandemonde »

Hi,
We got our Uzbek visa in Tehran. A man from the embassy told us the e visa system will be ready on the 15th of July. :)
Stéphanie
0 x

thijsbroekkamp

Post by thijsbroekkamp »

Would anyone of you know if I can use the transit scheme and also get a visa after? I'm transiting form Kyrgyzstan to Tashkent for a day, going to Afghanistan for a week and then entering Uzbekistan again. No information about visa extensions yet?
0 x

Milad
Trains expert
Trains expert

Post by Milad »

thijsbroekkamp wrote:Would anyone of you know if I can use the transit scheme and also get a visa after? I'm transiting form Kyrgyzstan to Tashkent for a day, going to Afghanistan for a week and then entering Uzbekistan again. No information about visa extensions yet?
The transit scheme is for air passengers only, so you can do this only if you're flying Bishkek-Tashkent-Kabul.
0 x

thijsbroekkamp

Post by thijsbroekkamp »

Thanks Milad! Yes we are flying Bishkek - Tashkent, wait a day and then fly Tashkent - Kabul. So under the transit scheme there is no need to apply for anything? (eg a transit visa?)
0 x

katrin

Post by katrin »

Hey guys,

I was able to submit the online visa application at http://e-visa.gov.uz
It's in beta testing so the whole experience was still somewhat buggy (missing English translations for a lot of strings, lack of confirmation emails etc) but the payment with a Revolut visa card went through.
You will need to resize your images to make sure they are 413 x 531.

I should have probably waited until the official launch date but somehow couldn't help myself.
0 x

thl989

Post by thl989 »

Also paid and submitted, see the website I recommended earlier in the thread for convenient photo resizing. $20 for a U.S. citizen
0 x