Uzbekistan e-visa Q&A

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
ziganshina

Re: Uzbekistan e-visa Q&A

Post by ziganshina »

I was also able to pay the $20 US right now. However, I did not receive a confirmation of any sort. I fly out this monday the 16th (from Canada) and will arrive at Tashkent airport @ 8:30 am on the 18th. I will keep checking my email through out my two days of travelling and if not, i luckily have papers to receive my visa at the airport. Here is hoping this Beta Testing gets worked out for easier travels in the future for all of us.
0 x

ptap90

Post by ptap90 »

Uzbek electronic visa link is now active on : https://e-visa.gov.uz/main

However, the site in in beta testing and I am unable to reach the payments page !
0 x

DonMac

Post by DonMac »

I can't get the e-visa system to accept my photos. It keeps claiming they "are not compliant to the ICAO standards". I've tried re-sizing them (including, as suggested by a previous poster, to 413 by 532 pixels) and re-scanning them, but nothing seems to work. Any suggestions?

Edit: When I don't get the photo error message, I get "Check that the data is entered correctly and try again". I just can't make it to the payment page no matter what I do. Again, any strategies for dealing with that?

Edit 2: It appears that the data-entry error message relates to the CAPTCHA, which I'm entering correctly. That may mean that (at last) it's accepted my uploaded photos, but, being still in beta, won't move me to the payment stage. Let's hope it's all up and running sometime this week.
0 x

unshod

Post by unshod »

I tried to pay twice and both times got: "An error occurred while making payment. Check that data is entered correctly and try again."

Then I called my American VISA credit card company to confirm that the payment wasn't being rejected on their end.

To my surprise, they said that their system had seen and approved both payments! :o

So that's a bit of a confusing situation. :?

[edit: sorry for continuously changing this message. my "success" came using chrome on a mac. i used persofoto to size my passport headshot, and the pic of my passport page was directly from my phone camera. as for passing the captcha, i eventually realized they expected me to click on the bottom-right button to proceed - i think it's labeled 'next' or maybe 'save'.]
Last edited by unshod on Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:56 am, edited 5 times in total.
0 x

DonMac

Post by DonMac »

Sounds like you got further than I did. How did you make it through the CAPTCHA? Any particular configuration of browser and photo sizes work better than others?

Edit: Thanks for your useful updates. The button on the lower right-hand side reads 'Save', and it seems to be the only way of progressing the application. However, when I click it, I get the CAPTCHA error message. What a mess. I'm going to give up for the time being. I need the visa for mid-August. Hopefully by then they'll have their system sorted out.
0 x

DonMac

Post by DonMac »

Okay, finally made it through to the payment page and this is what I got: "An error occurred while making payment. Check that data is entered correctly and try again." However, my credit card was debited for the full USD 20.

As long as I get either a refund or a visa out of this, I'm not too fussed. I immediately sent them an email about the issue.

For what it's worth, I used Microsoft's Edge browser rather than Chrome to get through the CAPTCHA.
0 x

unshod

Post by unshod »

DonMac wrote:Okay, finally made it through to the payment page and this is what I got: "An error occurred while making payment. Check that data is entered correctly and try again."
Exactly the error I saw - and my credit card company tells me the payment did go through. Both times I tried it.
0 x

thl989

Post by thl989 »

Have you all checked the status of your applications? Take the application code you were sent and you can check on the website. Mine, after submitting payment, says 'Sent for processing' in Russian. Some of you with payment errors (despite being debited) I wonder if your application still went through.
1 x

unshod

Post by unshod »

That is a good idea! I like all these minds working together to solve the problem.

Unfortunately mine still says "Application Activated" (as opposed to "Sent for Processing") and wants more Payment.
0 x

DonMac

Post by DonMac »

Likewise! "Анкета активирована" = "Application Activated"
0 x