Uzbekistan e-visa Q&A

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
unshod

Re: Uzbekistan e-visa Q&A

Post by unshod »

I wonder why you're getting Russian prompts, while mine are in English.
0 x

thl989

Post by thl989 »

IIRC immediately after paying I got something like 'payment received' in Russian, then an hour or so later it changed to 'sent for processing.' So those of you with 'application activated' may want to call that phone number on the website it sounds like a problem for you.

I'm not sure why mine are in Russian, settings are for English but it gives me Russian anyway.

edit: to be clear I do NOT mean clicking the link in the email they sent. I mean copy and pasting the activation code and then going to the 'application status' section of the website. When I click the link in the email I also get 'application activated'

edit2: shit mine says application activated now, I wonder if I messed it up by clicking that link

edit3: I called the number, they said the system isn't working and to call my embassy. Said they had no information about my application. Spoke little to no English. They said they did not know when the system would be working.

edit4: +998 71 200 00 88 (the 'hotline') seems to be the general number for Uzbekistan tourist authority, so it's possible the people answering the phone have no idea. 2 hours ago this authority posted on their facebook page that the evisa was working.

edit5: Entire site seems non-functional now with a page element popup that hangs loading. Even after removing the element (popup) in Chrome, the captcha doesn't appear rendering all parts of the site useless. Am I going to Uzbekistan or not? Find out next week! Silly me already rebooked my flight to Tajikistan so this would cancel the whole trip
1 x

Khanabadosh

Post by Khanabadosh »

I am in Dushanbe now, and Im ready to go to Uz tomorrow...or as soon as I can get a visa. I thought Id wait it out til the 15th, rather than deal with LOIs and embassies. Not sure that was the right call. Like you all, app activated, payment not successful. I HAD heard the launch was the 16th, so Ill give it a day, but after that I may have to give up on Uz for now...

Update: I have been charged. It's still pending on the card, but it definitely went through, even though the site told me that it had failed. No receipt, no confirmation. What does it all mean...?
Last edited by Khanabadosh on Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

t3nchi

Post by t3nchi »

Hi all,

I got to the stage that said "Email sent with link for payment" or something like that but haven't seen the email after 2 hrs. How long before you all got your email with a link to payment?
0 x

ttt221

Post by ttt221 »

Hi all

I can't even get to payment. The 'enter text from image' errors each time I try. I'm stuck at the activation stage. Anyone else have the same issues? I can't even give feedback as it also requires the text from image option. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

FYI i used a Samsung phone and MacBook but both got the same error.
0 x

Khanabadosh

Post by Khanabadosh »

Things are definitely happening on the site. As the above poster notes, the captchas that worked a few hours ago are gone now. I guess that means someone is working on something. Probably doesn't mean that I'll get the visa I've now paid for though!

If this isn't the wrong place to ask: if the e-visa doesn't work out, the 5-day visa-free transit thing doesn't sound too bad either. That supposedly started from yesterday, the 15th, but I don't see it reflected in Timatic, and I wouldn't want to be denied boarding. Has anyone heard more about this particular change?
0 x

akbermo

Post by akbermo »

I'm also trying to complete application but can't get past the first page. The drop down box for Citizenship and Document Type are not returning any values.
0 x

thl989

Post by thl989 »

I am back to "Отправленна на обработку" or "Sent for processing," in addition the authorities are aware the system isn't working yet. So maybe there still is some hope. I would hope they could manually filter through the applications if needed without much difficulty, but maybe that is expecting too much.

Anyone dealing with general bugs (e.g. no captcha) should just check back later, as noted the website is constantly being worked on it seems. I would also recommend not applying yet unless you need a visa urgently. Be wary of paying more than once because you have to wonder whether they have a system in place to process a refund, even if someone was aware you had paid multiple times.
Last edited by thl989 on Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
0 x

t3nchi

Post by t3nchi »

Ugh, this limbo sucks. If a visa for a US citizen wasn't $160, I wouldn't rely on this new e-visa system so much.
0 x

t3nchi

Post by t3nchi »

Has anyone else NOT received an email with an activation code and payment link?
0 x