How to get to Fann mountains, Tajikistan

All things concerning hiking, skiing, horse riding, cycling,...
Forum rules
Looking for a hiking buddy? Please post your request in the travel sharing forums, not here. Thank you!
Julia
Kazakhstan expert
Kazakhstan expert

How to get to Fann mountains, Tajikistan

Postby Julia » Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:53 pm

Hi all

I'm going to do trekking in Fann mountains. Thinking of starting from Vertikal-Alauding base camp.

How to get there?
Due to limited budget this time can't rent a jeep from Dushanbe or other big city.
I found that can go to Sarvoda village by shared taxi. But will be able to find some transport from there further to the mountains? Anyone has any experience?
If there are taxis that can get you from Sarvoda to the mountains than how much would it cost?

If someone has another ideas how to get to the mountains, for instance, maybe it's easier to get to Artuch base camp and start from there, please share))

Thanks in advance
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: How to get to Fann mountains, Tajikistan

Postby steven » Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:55 am

I think Artuch is much easier. Or you can start from the end of 7 lakes, there is also a daily taxi going there from the bazaar in Penjikent.

Hitchhiking will take some time but it is definitely possible and it is what a lot of locals do as well.

Trekking in Tajikistan is a good guidebook with info on treks in Fann mountains. Sorry I don't have more info, I haven't done this myself yet.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

Julia
Kazakhstan expert
Kazakhstan expert

Re: How to get to Fann mountains, Tajikistan

Postby Julia » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:48 pm

Just an update.
Maybe will be useful for someone who wants to try the same route.
I took shared taxi from Dushanbe to Sarvoda. It's easy. Regular cars every day.
And then hitch hiked from Sarvoda to Vertikal Alauding base camp. Gave some cash to a driver. They accepted.
Was pretty easy.
But traffic on the last leg Pasrud - Vertikal Alauding is extremely low.
So can't guarantee that others may get a car quickly too.
People in Pasrud told me that there are cars to the base camp very early morning around 4-5 am. But I couldn't wake up that early))
2 x