Uzbekistan e-visa Q&A

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
gunther

Re: Uzbekistan e-visa Q&A

Post by gunther »

jheilb wrote:t3nchi...
Thank you very much!
I also read 35x40 on the page, but some people on this forum where quoting 413*532 pixel (which corresponds to 35x45) etc.

Yes - I will wait a bit and then maybe still do an express offline visa (I am German living in Italy)... Stresssss!
My 413*532 pass photo was accepted yesterday. The dimensions of the passport scan are not subject to a specific format (i think).
0 x

unshod

Post by unshod »

To my complete surprise, after two "failed" payments, my colorful e-visa just arrived in my inbox!

Thanks, Uzbekistan! You can keep the extra $20.
0 x

thl989

Post by thl989 »

I have been issued a visa with all correct information. A wild ride it was
0 x

Khanabadosh

Post by Khanabadosh »

I also just got my visa. But I don't know if the information is correct or not. When I open the PDF, it immediately opens a print dialog, closing the dialog closes the file. I can't see what's actually in it since I can't scroll down. And I certainly am not able to connect to any printer. Anyone face this, or have any tips on how to actually get at the visa? I tried printing to PDF, but its encrypted and I cannot.

Edit: if you face this issue, go to edit-preference and disable Javascript.

Very excited! I'll use this tomorrow or the day after. Now for the real test: whether or not it works at a land border! :)
Last edited by Khanabadosh on Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

thl989

Post by thl989 »

Yea I have the same thing. You can open it in Google viewer (maybe a better way of doing this but I just email it to my gmail and open it in Google). This also applies to my phone which is more important because I plan on just showing them my phone (the visa clearly states I can show it in printed OR electronic form)
0 x

Khanabadosh

Post by Khanabadosh »

thl989 wrote:Yea I have the same thing. You can open it in Google viewer (maybe a better way of doing this but I just email it to my gmail and open it in Google). This also applies to my phone which is more important because I plan on just showing them my phone (the visa clearly states I can show it in printed OR electronic form)
Disabling Javascript also works. I'll print it just to avoid my phone disappearing or going into a 100 different hands. Will report back soon regarding how it goes!
0 x

luca

Post by luca »

So.. I got my evisa issued today, also in time as they promised (Sunday application day, then after two days I got it).

Since many people write about issues with photos I would like to share how I did it.

I took my Samsung Galaxy S7, stood in front of a white wall (in my room), took a selfie with the front camera of the phone (vertical), making sure my head was big enough and somewhat in the center, then I sent the photo to my email address. I sat down, opened the email on the computer, downloaded the photo, realized that the file size is too large and went to www.tinypng.com to drag and drop the photo and make it much smaller. Then I saved the compressed photo locally and uploaded it when asked on the evisa page. And it worked perfectly fine right away.
I did not care about resolution, about dpi number, about size/ proportion of the photo etc. It seems normal vertical mobile phone size of photo is good enough.

Good luck everybody!
0 x

Ian5spot

Post by Ian5spot »

Got my e-Visa today after applying on Sunday! Interestingly it is valid for 30 days between 15th July and 13th October ie I have a 90 day time window. Has anyone else had this?

Also, I wasn't asked for payment. My plan is to cross the land border from Aktau to Nukus so will report back in a week or more on how it goes.

Update: Money has now been taken twice from the card details I entered during the application. Still cheaper than going to the embassy!
Last edited by Ian5spot on Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
0 x

Khanabadosh

Post by Khanabadosh »

Ian5spot wrote:Got my e-Visa today after applying on Sunday! Interestingly it is valid for 30 days between 15th July and 13th October ie I have a 90 day time window. Has anyone else had this?
Same dates exactly.
1 x

Khanabadosh

Post by Khanabadosh »

Ian5spot wrote:Got my e-Visa today after applying on Sunday! Interestingly it is valid for 30 days between 15th July and 13th October ie I have a 90 day time window. Has anyone else had this?

Also, I wasn't asked for payment. My plan is to cross the land border from Aktau to Nukus so will report back in a week or more on how it goes

Please do! I plan to travel in the opposite direction.
0 x