over 30 days waiting for Chinese visa

All about China. Expert: bwv812
Byamba

over 30 days waiting for Chinese visa

Post by Byamba »

Hello,

Due to the stamps in my passport, I have to wait over 30 days for Chinese visa. At the embassy, they told me they need to ask directly China. Have you ever heard about such a process. Does it mean that they have now a central desk checking the visa in China?
0 x

leela

Re: over 30 days waiting for Chinese visa

Post by leela »

Which stamps are causing the problem?
0 x

adventuretourchina

Post by adventuretourchina »

One of our client had same problem in berlin, they guessed because of their stay in Turkey is too long. Finally they gave up applying in Berlin and got 50-days chinese visa in Ukraine.
2 x

CortoSinese

Post by CortoSinese »

adventuretourchina wrote:Finally they gave up applying in Berlin and got 50-days chinese visa in Ukraine.
Can you elaborate? Were your clients German, or just passing by Berlin?
I never thought about getting a visa in Ukraine. Also, 50 days sounds different than the 2x30 days I thought is usual.
Do you know more about the process of obtaining Chinese visa in Ukraine by EU citizens?
0 x

adventuretourchina

Post by adventuretourchina »

CortoSinese wrote:
adventuretourchina wrote:Finally they gave up applying in Berlin and got 50-days chinese visa in Ukraine.
Can you elaborate? Were your clients German, or just passing by Berlin?
I never thought about getting a visa in Ukraine. Also, 50 days sounds different than the 2x30 days I thought is usual.

Do you know more about the process of obtaining Chinese visa in Ukraine by EU citizens?
They passed by Berlin, They are from South America. I don't know the process but i think it's similar as other places.
0 x

rfoltz

Post by rfoltz »

After reading many such reports I thought it would be difficult to get a Chinese visa especially since I have a passport full of Iranian visas (and many others as well). But I applied at the Chinese Visa Application Service Centre in Montréal, requesting a two-week single entry visa, and after four days I came back and they gave me a multiple-entry visa valid for six years! I thought it was a fluke but the following week my wife went and they gave her the same. Must be some special arrangement for Canadians, but when I arrived in China even the border guards were amazed. On ne sais jamais...
0 x

bwv812
China expert
China expert

Post by bwv812 »

Canadians, Americans, and Argentinians are actually all eligible for 10-year multi-entry visas.

https://www.travelchinaguide.com/embass ... -years.htm
1 x

BakuBound

Post by BakuBound »

Actually, there's a slight difference. Americans get a ten-year visa. When the passport with the visa expires, they can travel to China carrying both the old and new passports.

Canadians, however, get a visa more-or-less limited to the life of their passports. So the posters here probably had six to seven years left on their passports.
1 x