Transit visa for Uzbekistan

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
aal

Re: Uzbek transit visa. What does 1 day mean?

Post by aal »

Hi,

Thanks for that. Turkmenistan route to Caspian sea is now ruled out for this and other reasons, (eg: my inability to predict the Caspian ferry schedule out of Turkmenbasi combined with what caravanistan says about issues overstaying Turkmen visa). Better to go by aktau, Kazakhstan, with no visa hassles. So, I plan to cross Uzbekistan from Tajikistan to Kazakhstan and catch a train west.

Assuming that I can get a 3 day Uzbek transit visa, and enter on (for example) a Monday, I now understand that I must leave on the Wednesday. Do you think it would it be possible / advisable to sleep in Samarkand on Tuesday night and exit to Kazakhstan on Wednesday (via either Chernayevka/Zhibek-Joly or Konysbayeva / Yalama border crossings?

Sorry for asking a non-visa question here, but it's all interconnected, isn't it?

Thanks for your help.

Andrew.
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

No worries. One issue: if you are going Kaz - Uz - Kaz, I do not think you can get a transit visa, since you are not transiting to another country. Only if you go to eg Tajikistan or Kyrgyzstan will you be actually transiting. Otherwise you need a tourist visa.

You can make it from Samarkand to Shymkent in one day easily.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

aal

Post by aal »

Thanks Steve,

Steve: "One issue: if you are going Kaz - Uz - Kaz, I do not think you can get a transit visa"

I'm in Almaty right now, but going first to Kyrgyzstan and then Tajikistan, where I'll apply in dushanbe for the transit visa via Uzbekistan back to Kazakhstan, so no problem.

Thanks for your help. I look forward to seeing Samarkand after all.

Andrew.
0 x

thijsbroekkamp

Post by thijsbroekkamp »

Hi guys,

Is it correct that I can get a transit visa on arrival with a LOI (but not a tour)? We are not flying with Uzbek airways so no free visa, also there is no embassy in my country and leaving for Tajikistan & Kyrgyzstan in a week, where we will never be longer than a day in the capitals. Hope you guys can help me out what to do.
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

Hi Thijs,

I believe you are Dutch. Just get a e-visa. Will save you more than 100$.
0 x

thijsbroekkamp

Post by thijsbroekkamp »

Yes I am, but I already have a tourist evisa starting from 30 september to 28 october, which I really need untill the 28th of october. I am transiting on 22 september
Or do you mean that I can just apply for another evisa and then I just fill in arrival date 22 september departure date 23 september?
0 x

Alexander

Post by Alexander »

Thijs, according to the Uzbek visa section, you cannot.
You cannot apply for 2 separate e-visas before entering Uzbekistan. If you want a multiple entry visa, you will still need to apply at an embassy.

You can, however, apply for another e-visa once you have arrived in Uzbekistan, same as with the Tajik e-visa. This works, and unlike in Tajikistan, it is not illegal, so there is no need to hide it.

It might be possible to apply for 2 e-visas simultaneously if you have double nationality.
0 x

thijsbroekkamp

Post by thijsbroekkamp »

Ahh, so then the only option would have been that I applied for a visa for the 22 september and upon arriving another one for the second date...
0 x

anioba05

Re: Transit visa for Uzbekistan

Post by anioba05 »

Dear Admin,

Me and my wife will be transiting through Tashkent, arriving from Paris on Uzbekistan Airways on HY252 (7th march 2020, local time) and the connecting flight to India is also Uzbekistan Airways on Hy427 on 10th march at 0005hrs (local time)....... so we were hoping to get the 5-day free transit visa from Tashkent as both our flights are from Uzbek airways.........How do we apply for the free transit visa. We are both holding INDIA passports and based in Mumbai,India. Some forums say that we have to apply at the Uzbek embassy in my home country....can you verify this?
Kindly advise as we spoke to Air France and VFS as well, but none were clear about the rules.
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Transit visa for Uzbekistan

Post by steven »

You will be visa-free for these 5 days as I understand it. So no need to go to the embassy, you will be stamped in at the airport.

https://caravanistan.com/visa/uzbekistan/transit/
0 x