medication in turkmenistan

All about Turkmenistan
Marilena13

medication in turkmenistan

Post by Marilena13 »

hello, I will travel to turkmenistan soon. is it possible to bring medication to the country when on transit visa along with a document in english signed by a doctor that says I have to be medically treated 3times per day? I am planning to bring 5 or 6 packets because my journey will be continued to other countries. is the proportion okay?
thank you
0 x

Pamirski
Tajikistan expert
Tajikistan expert

Re: medication in turkmenistan

Post by Pamirski »

We had problems when leaving Turkmenistan and were held 3 hours at the customs (Turkmenbashi), as we had some painkiller, that was on their list (Tramadol). We had a certificate from our doctor, but that did not help. So I would say it depends on the medication.
0 x

strider

Post by strider »

what was the experience of the original poster?
0 x

strider

Medications?

Post by strider »

Travelling to TM in a couple of weeks. I need advice some advice on medications. Are there restricted medications that cannot be brought in? Essentially I need to know what kinds of medication are banned and further what are the maximum quantities of medication that can be brought in.

As per this source one may bring in prescription medication so long as they have the prescription...
https://customs.gov.tm/en/info/dlya-fiz ... assazhirov

Notes: Will be travelling with a tour company entering at border, will be carrying 200 tablets in 2 boxes with prescription and note from medical institution. Need medication for ongoing condition.

Thanks for your time.
0 x

alarencontredumonde

Post by alarencontredumonde »

Pamirski wrote:We had problems when leaving Turkmenistan and were held 3 hours at the customs (Turkmenbashi), as we had some painkiller, that was on their list (Tramadol). We had a certificate from our doctor, but that did not help. So I would say it depends on the medication.
I know this post is old, but I will be transiting to Turkmenistan for 5 days with Tramacet (Tramadol + Acetaminophen) for a medical problem. I have a letter from my doctor. I am curious about the experience.
0 x