Uzbekistan e-visa Q&A

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
nomadichappiness

Re: Uzbekistan e-visa Q&A

Post by nomadichappiness »

Hi, here I'll post 1/success feed-back, 2/advices, 3/trouble with kid application

1/ I applied today for an e-visa, I'm French citizen. Everything successful and smooth.
In the "personal information tab", on the bottom, I guessed that "citizenship of other states" is if one has a double nationality. Not my case, but it is for my child.

2/ *** I've been to a photographer (today in Tbilissi, Freedom place, number 7, Photo Centre shop, 5€ for 4 passport pics x 3 persons) and asked for printed photos as well as digital. I asked him to put on my USB sticker a 35x45 mm sized picture with .jpg extension.
I used this file directly without editing anything, and it was accepted easy.
I took a picture on my passport with a digital camera, croped to the essential infos, uploaded : problem because it was .JPG so I renamed the file in .jpg and it worked (i've read the tip on this topic hopefully!)

*** the tabs country, date, photo, activation, payment are writen as they were steps to follow, buut they are actually tabs you can clic back and forth. Useful to know.

3/ Now comes the trouble : I started applying the evisa for my child, 2,5 years old. Everything seems alright, only that under activation tab it mentions : NOT VALID BIRTH DATE
I've been looking everywhere (I could for 3 hours) including official uzbek embassies websites and I can't find any information about taking kids in Uzbekistan and regulations. I can't find out if I need or not a visa for my kid, or which documents they might ask. I thought if there's no info on the web, it's just that a kid is considered a person. Now this NOT VALID BIRTH DATE trouble seems to indicate I'm wrong. If anyone has information about that.
Anyways I'll call the French embassy tomorrow to try to have an answer and update here the results...

*** just to add some fun to all this, my wife is chilean and needs LOI which we asked for today. In other countries it's the countrary, like Russia visa free for Chilean! And our kid has double nationality so she should not be the trouble for visas, so I hoped!! ***
0 x

sheepbuttfat

Post by sheepbuttfat »

From what I understand children that are with parents do not need a visa to enter. Not sure if you need a notarized note if only one parent is travelling.
0 x

karolinehernandez

Post by karolinehernandez »

Hi! We're a belgian family and we're travelling through the Stan countries. I want to apply for the e-visa for Uzbekistan but it doesn't work for children. I tried allready for my 3 children and from all 3 it says that " NOT VALID BIRTH DATE"
Does anybody knows how we can ask for the e visa for the children? Can I give another date of birth?
Thanks
0 x

nomadichappiness

Post by nomadichappiness »

I called Uzbek consulate in France about the Child issue (and should have since the beginning actually as they answered very politely and in good French) :
Children under 16 don't need visa to travel to Uzbekistan. They don't need to bring any document except their own passport. They have to show up at the border with their parents. I'm not sure if they can show up with only one of their parents without further documentation, this still needs to be confirmed.

So Karolinehernandez you have your answer! You save 60 USD !!! I suggest you to confirm skype calling the belgian embassy, though, you never know, but I don't think rules change between EU countries on the children topic.

Steven if you read this, maybe you could update children visa informations on the VISA requirements pages as we are numbers of family travellers around the stans too! thanks!!
1 x

Nicole123

Post by Nicole123 »

I sent all my information, and received a confirmation that my visa was finished by root. By when I attempt to access the page, it says error. I copied the code exactly and then also removed the “-“. Nothing worked. I tried in chrome and internet explorer, and it wouldn’t open in Mozilla. Any ideas?
0 x

WillyWonka

Post by WillyWonka »

Hi Marie,

I am exactly in the same situation as you, jut got error message after the payment page and I do not want to pay twice as I am not in a hurry ...
I wanted to know if after a few days you finally got a response from your Uzbek Visa ?!

Thanks so much,
William
MarieEmilie wrote:Hi everyone,

I read ALL the messages on this forum before asking my question.

I applied today for the e visa, everything went well, except for the payment, I get the message that says that the payment failed. I had a confirmation of my bank that the payment has been successful though.

I read that some other people had this experience as well, but when the website just started. I would like to know if recently someone had the same error message for the payment, but had his e visa issued anyway ?

I would not like to pay twice, and I am not in a hurry.
My application status is still "application activated" several hours after all the process. But we are on a week end so hopefully the situation could evolve positively on Monday.

If someone succeed despite this weird "payment error", thank you for letting me know !

Marie
0 x

MarieEmilie

Post by MarieEmilie »

WillyWonka wrote:Hi Marie,

I am exactly in the same situation as you, jut got error message after the payment page and I do not want to pay twice as I am not in a hurry ...
I wanted to know if after a few days you finally got a response from your Uzbek Visa ?!

Thanks so much,
William
MarieEmilie wrote:Hi everyone,

I read ALL the messages on this forum before asking my question.

I applied today for the e visa, everything went well, except for the payment, I get the message that says that the payment failed. I had a confirmation of my bank that the payment has been successful though.

I read that some other people had this experience as well, but when the website just started. I would like to know if recently someone had the same error message for the payment, but had his e visa issued anyway ?

I would not like to pay twice, and I am not in a hurry.
My application status is still "application activated" several hours after all the process. But we are on a week end so hopefully the situation could evolve positively on Monday.

If someone succeed despite this weird "payment error", thank you for letting me know !

Marie

Hi !
Eventually, I tried with another credit card and it worked perfectly, I got my visa 2 days later. So the problem was with my bank, they blocked my payment because they thought it was a hacking... May be it s the same with your bank !
Good luck
0 x

Lennart

Post by Lennart »

Monique Jöris wrote:Does anyone know if you need a completely empty page in your passport when applying for e-visa. Do they actually put a visa in your passport when you enter or is it enough to have just an empty spot somewhere for a stamp? My passport is almost full and I do not have empty pages anymore. I would like to visit Uzbekistan on my way back to my country and buy a new passport when I'm home...

Thanx!
Hi, I Just returned after 2 weeks and I entered and left with an e-visa through Tashkent Airport. No sticker was placed, only entry/exit stamp.
The e-visa printout was scanned from the guest houses every now and then so you might want to keep it ready to hand while travelling.
In the airport I didn't have to fill a customs form or anything (I think only if you enter with cetrain good or a lot of cash), I could use the 'green channel' and everything went perfectly smooth.
0 x

loop_1

Post by loop_1 »

Has anyone tried getting a Turkmenistan transit visa between Uzbekistan and Iran using an Uzbekistan e-visa?

My wife and I will try to do just that at the Almaty consulate at the end of the month.

Our plan is to apply for the Turkmenistan transit visa in Almaty and ask to pick it up in Tashkent. Our ultimate goal is Iran. We will have Iran visas in our passports and printouts of our Uzbekistan e-visas.

We’re traveling on Hungary passports.

Reports of any similar recent attempts would be greatly appreciated.
0 x

Itsjustme

Post by Itsjustme »

I do not know if they have relaxed the rules in the meantime but I applied for the E-Visa two days ago and it was a breeze. It took me approx. three minutes in total from Application to successful Payment using an Irish Visa and a GMail-Account.

If you have troubles with the Captcha it means that there is something wrong with the information provided above, not with the Captcha itself.

As I am working from my Homeoffice I filled in my home address as workplace address/profession as well. The system does not allow that and the Captcha kept on coming up with an error message repeatedly. I replaced the information with the simple word "Homeoffice".

As address in Uzbekistan I entered "to be confirmed".

At the beginning I ticked the box at the bottom with the "other citizenship" but entered the same citizenship as above. The system does not accept that either.

Once I unticked the box and replaced the workplace address/profession with the word "Homeoffice" the Captcha was accepted successfully at the first try.

Regarding the picture: I actually simply cut out the picture from the uploaded Passport-Copy itself using the Linux Version of Pinta and cropped it to the recommended size. The background of the picture is all but white, but it is literally as biometric as it can get. ;) It was accepted right away.

Despite me using an Austrian IP address the payment with an Irish Visa worked at the first attempt and I received the payment confirmation only seconds later.

UPDATE: Applied on Friday night, received E-Visa on Tuesday morning
2 x