Registration Azerbaijan

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
stumaniac

Re: Registration Azerbaijan

Post by stumaniac »

I forgot to mention in my last post that I think my last hostel registered me (they said they did, and were going to give me a copy, but I never got it, and I couldn't find the guy who did it when I was checking out...they also never took any money from me though they had said I would have to pay some unspecified amount), but never gave me a copy. So I registered online to be certain.
0 x

BakuBound

Post by BakuBound »

I found hostels and hotels completely unhelpful when it came to registration. They obviously did not want to be bothered.
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

BakuBound wrote:I found hostels and hotels completely unhelpful when it came to registration. They obviously did not want to be bothered.
Just to counter that, the first hostel we encountered in Sheki on our last visit to Azerbaijan registered us on arrival online and sent us the registration confirmation the next day via whatsapp.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

stumaniac

Post by stumaniac »

Well, an update on my earlier post. I thought my registration would go through on the web site, but it was declined because I did not include visa information. So I included visa information, and it was declined a second time, with a note in Azerbaijani that translated to, "Include the name." But I have no idea why it was declined. I'm probably going to have to go to a physical office now.
2 x

Frugal Travellers

Post by Frugal Travellers »

We did our registration through our hostel in Baku, (Khamsa Hostel), and have been given pieces of paper that have our details and the word ACTIV in the Status field.
I've spent the past 30 minutes arguing with them about this - they have assured me that we are now registered but from previous posts it looks as though the final stage has not yet been completed!
They haven't received an email from the State Migration office but assure me that we are registered, that this is the way they always do it, and none of the other travellers previously registered have ever had any issues!
I'll report back after the 24th June with an update on whether we made it through unscathed or not :)
1 x

Frankieeee

Post by Frankieeee »

We have tried the online form to register us, but after filling all the info it just could not be submitted, don't know why as there was just generic failed error message.
So we went to the ASAN in Baku (west, just google for it). It's a fairly new building. Parked on the street nearby and we went in to queue at reception. We were given ticket stating G44 (so counter G), went to the second floor to the window G and came to a lady who did not speak very well English.
She needed our passports and printed evisas and asked where are we staying as for accomodation. We told her we stay in camper van only. She phoned somebody and asked at which address the car is now. I told her - in front of the building. She smiled and probably used this address. Both of us got the registration slip after few mins. Gratis. So far we can recommend, we will see at the borders with Russia :).
Attachments
rsz_1rsz_1img_20190531_193419.jpg
rsz_1rsz_1img_20190531_193419.jpg (115.57 KiB) Viewed 1652 times
rsz_img_20190531_193307.jpg
rsz_img_20190531_193307.jpg (120.37 KiB) Viewed 1652 times
1 x

tdu

Post by tdu »

Our experience:

We entered 27th Jan 2020 and started the process on 7th Feb 2020 - it should be simple but the website had a few glitches.

https://migration.gov.az/home/calculator You can use this calculator to check the last date you must register by

https://e-regv2.migration.gov.az/
As said previously, you need to enter all your information to create an account on the website, but this does not mean you have submitted the registration form. Once you have activated your account from your email address you need to go back into the website and create a new application.

You need to create an active address to be able to submit a new application. When we first created an account on 7th Feb, we could create addresses but for some reason could not activate any of them. As such, we asked the hotel we were staying in if they could help by registering us. They requested a copy of our visa and passports and assured us that it would be done, but we didn't receive any confirmation so decided to try again online just to be on the safe side.

This time we could activate an address - we are not sure if this was a website glitch or if it takes a couple of days for the addresses to be activated in the system (and once the address is activated, the website said we couldn't change it to a new address). We used the address of one of the hotels we have stayed in.

We entered our passport details and the website finds a copy of your passport and attaches it. You must then manually enter the visa information and upload a copy of the evisa. Check to make sure all relevant fields are filled in and press apply. We processed both registrations separately but under the same login.

Once completed, there were two records showing with an application number, a valid until date and an Active status.

EDIT: 12/02/2020 We have now received email confirmation that we have registered until the end of our visa.
1 x

ECRrider

Post by ECRrider »

Hi all. As I understand it registration only needs to be done once, correct? Is there a further requirment to prove where you have stayed every third day ?
0 x

Rrjain

Post by Rrjain »

Is the requirement still there. I arrived on 4th of June and leaving on 19th June (evening). Technically it's 16 days but 15 nights. Do I still need to register? Some help/guidance would be of great help. Thanks.
0 x