Uzbekistan visa-free regime from February 1, 2019: Q&A

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
BritsinCAsia

Re: Uzbekistan visa-free regime from February 1, 2019: Q&A

Postby BritsinCAsia » Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:12 pm

Does anyone know if the visa-free status for EU countries is agreed en masse or individually? We are from the UK and aren't sure if we're going to still be EU citizens when we need to enter Uzbekistan later in the month and it looks like it's aa bloc arrangement ( :( thanks, Brexit!)? Not sure if this will be a problem at the border or if there have been any similar circumstances?

Any help welcome!
0 x

travellinn

Postby travellinn » Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:02 pm

I am going to Uzbekistan on Friday. I qualify to arrive visa free, but would I still need to do something in advance (like with the ESTA for US), or do I just show up at the border?
0 x

kalimero44

Postby kalimero44 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:45 pm

lysha87 wrote:I also looked on several websites and got mixed information. I am a Canadian citizen. Does this mean I can enter and stay in Uzbekistan Visa-free for up to 30 days?

Here is the information for Canadians:

https://travel.gc.ca/destinations/uzbekistan

No visa required for tourist visa and stay less than 30 days.
0 x

Elms

Postby Elms » Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:58 pm

BritsinCAsia wrote:Does anyone know if the visa-free status for EU countries is agreed en masse or individually? We are from the UK and aren't sure if we're going to still be EU citizens when we need to enter Uzbekistan later in the month and it looks like it's aa bloc arrangement ( :( thanks, Brexit!)? Not sure if this will be a problem at the border or if there have been any similar circumstances?

Any help welcome!

Except maybe in cases of actual bilateral agreements with EU, visa rules normally list each country individually, this is also the case in Uzbekistan. Travel pages might say "EU members" but the laws of third countries rarely if ever state it like that. Anyway Brexit was delayed again ...
2 x

mokochen

Postby mokochen » Thu May 23, 2019 12:10 am

So I assume that I can fly to Uzbekistan Visa free with my Canadian passport, and re-enter it after a Kazakhstan side trip with no problem?
0 x

Richardc

Postby Richardc » Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:46 am

Hello, I am a British citizen planning to fly into Tashkent travel down to Samarkland then into Tajikistan to do some hiking in the Fann mountains then back across the border the same way. Any issues with doing this with the visa-free rule leaving Uzbekistan then coming back in a few days later? Also with Brexit looming does anyone know of any issues for UK citizens? Also, has anyone taken this crossing recently?
0 x

B7474U3

Postby B7474U3 » Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:59 pm

Richardc wrote:Hello, I am a British citizen planning to fly into Tashkent travel down to Samarkland then into Tajikistan to do some hiking in the Fann mountains then back across the border the same way. Any issues with doing this with the visa-free rule leaving Uzbekistan then coming back in a few days later? Also with Brexit looming does anyone know of any issues for UK citizens? Also, has anyone taken this crossing recently?

I went from Tashkent to Khudjand and back the very same day about a month ago and had no issues at all with re-entering Uzbekistan the same day visa-free (on a British Passport). I know it’s a different border crossing but I should imagine the rules are the same.

No idea about Brexit. On the FCO Travel Advice Page for Armenia there is a comment that after the UK leaves the EU the Armenian authorities have confirmed that UK citizens will still be able to enter visa-free. I’ve not seen that comment on any other country’s advice page so it seems a bit strange why it is specific to Armenia. Perhaps it might be an idea to e-mail the FCO and ask about the situation for Uzbekistan.
0 x