Uzbekistan e-visa Q&A

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
intokyo

Re: Uzbekistan e-visa Q&A

Post by intokyo »

intokyo wrote:As had been announced, from March 15 2019 double and multiple entry e-visas became available. Was able to apply for double entry one without problem.
:mrgreen:
The multiple entry e-visa was issued within 3 days of the application.
:D
0 x

henrytn

Post by henrytn »

As mentioned previously, double & multiple entry e-visa applications are now accepted.

Pricing: US$20 (single entry), $35 (double entry), $50 (multiple entry)
2 x

amerikelinka

Post by amerikelinka »

I didn't have any luck with the official Uzbek e-visa portal, so I paid the extra $20 to have my single-entry visa processed by ivisa.com. It was ready in 4 days, and they even accepted my iPhone selfie for the passport photo.

On the border: I crossed into Uzbekistan from Kazakhstan on March 21 through a crossing designated for specific transport providers (I took a bus run by KazNetworkBus), so the only people in line were those from my bus. The border agents didn't seem to know what to do with my e-visa at first, but I had printed out a hard copy just in case, which seemed to help. I crossed over with no issues.

Coming back: I crossed back into Kazakhstan on March 24 through the same point. Again, those on my bus were the only ones in line. I wasn't expecting that I needed a hard copy of my e-visa to exit the country (which of course isn't the case but the border agents think it is). They were quite rude and yelled at me, asking where my e-visa was. I kept answering that the visa was electronic, so it should be in their system, but they wouldn't let me through until I dug through my belongings and finally found the crumpled up copy I had used to enter a few days before.

Moral of the story — print your e-visa and don't throw it away until you've exited the country.
2 x

sjh2007

Post by sjh2007 »

Is it normal for the e-visa to only list your First Name in the "Name" field?
On the application, I put my Middle Name, which does appear on my passport, in the "Middle Name/Patronymic Name".

But I'm thinking now that I should have put my first and middle name in the "Name" and left that far right field blank.
Do you think this will be an issue at the Tashkent Airport Border?
Anyone have experience, the few sample Uzbekistan e-Visas I've seen online, also only show one name in "Name" section, so I'm hoping it may be the norm there.
0 x

iskander78

Post by iskander78 »

Filling application I put both (first and middle) in the "Name" field as in my passport. I understood "Patronymic name" like in Russia and other countries, e.g. Nikolayevich, then I left that field blank. My e-visa shows both names in "Name" and there is no "Patronymic" but it could be because I did not fill the field.

I don't know if there will be a problem if one name is missing, perhaps you could call hotline and ask.
Greetings and good luck
0 x

Sasha

Evisa problems

Post by Sasha »

So I have managed to go through the process of saving my details for evisa and have received the activation link, but when I try to make payment, it says "The payment gateway is temporarily down for maintenance. We will notify you as soon as we are back.".

Anyone else encountered this?
0 x

hamidianali

Post by hamidianali »

I filled out the form, but for payment it comes with error! saying "the service is temporarily unavailable".
0 x

netllama

Post by netllama »

Has anyone been able to pay for their visa in the past week?
0 x

netllama

Post by netllama »

netllama wrote:Has anyone been able to pay for their visa in the past week?
Answering my own question, I was able to apply & pay for the visa today. Now I play the 3 day waiting game....
0 x

csfoo

Post by csfoo »

I am trying to do the payment but with no luck. Sometimes I receive "Already has a paid application or check the correctness of the entered data" and some other times I get the visa logo and enter the payment website but it tells me "Service is temporarily unavailable"
Any idea what to do?
0 x