Turkmenistan visa Q&A [archive]

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
midnight

Re: Turkmen Transit Visa w/ Double entry Uzbek Visa

Post by midnight »

On a Transit Visa it isn't possible a tourist visa it is. Be prepared to deal with a state run Turkmen Tourist agency that will acquire LOI ,hotel reservations,a tour they will sell you a tour package in general so anything less then that would be difficult.I takes two weeks to get LOI as well along with 5-10 working days to get visa from embassy not including transit time if documents are mailed.Should you live in a country with no Turkmen Embassy make note with Travel agent so the visa can be obtained on arrival.
0 x

aviroop

Transit Visa for Turkmenistan

Post by aviroop »

Hi,
I will be travelling overland from Turkey to Uzbekistan via Iran an Turkmenistan in June.
I have got my Iran visa and have received my Uzbekistan LOI.
I will be crossing the Quchan-Bajgiran border overland into Turkmenistan from Iran. Can you please let me know if it is possible to get Turkmenistan Transit visa on arrival at the Bajgiran land border (for Indian citizens). Please let me know urgently as it will make my travel much easier.

Thanks.
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Transit Visa for Turkmenistan

Post by steven »

0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

Mattyboy

Transit visa Turkmenistan

Post by Mattyboy »

This has probably been answered many times before but I'd really appreciate clarification. Is a Turkmenistan transit visa only valid for a short land border to land border trip or are you able to cross in by land and then fly out. I want to cross from Uzbekistan and fly to Istanbul from Ashgabat. Is this possible on a 5 day transit visa. Manqy thanks.
0 x

WorldWideWebster

Re: Transit visa Turkmenistan

Post by WorldWideWebster »

As far as I've been able to read (been doing similar research last few days) it's only valid for overland travel (by road or boat).
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Transit visa Turkmenistan

Post by steven »

I should add this to the visa article. I am still not 100% sure about the success rate, but it has been done in the past, this I know. Both flying in and out.
0 x

Spinal

Post by Spinal »

Steven,
are you sure that's accurate?

We've applied through a visa-processing company and they've told us we can apply for the visa at the border (coming from Iran and into Turkmenistan) and have the visa issued on the same day.

They are getting us a "Transit visa LOI" to facilitate this.
0 x

Spinal

Post by Spinal »

Also, this is an email from the Vienna embassy of Turkmenistan. The second one seems to say that once approved, we can get the visa at the border.

Dear Sir, Madam,

To apply for a transit visa (5 days) for Turkmenistan we need to receive the following documents:
1. Request in written form (by e-mail or by post) (Form_801_request, attached)
2. Passport copy (high quality),
3. Copies of visas of the entry and departure countries,
4. Copies of vehicle documents (if you travel by car, motorcycle, bicycle etc.),
5. Completed application form with photo (2 copies) (attached).
6. Completed Forms_101 and _201 (attached) in Word format.
7. Completed Form_701 with colour photo per person (attached).
8. Medical certificate on the absence of Ebola haemorrhagic fever (done in the last 20 days) if you recently have been in Africa countries.

Tourist Map with border points of Turkmenistan is attached for your information.

Best regards,

Second email:
Dear Sir, Madam,

After readiness you can get your visa at the airport in Ashgabat upon arrival, on the Turkmen border points and at the any Turkmen Embassies, including our Embassy.
1 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

Ok, I see what this is. You get a code which they will e-mail to you, and you can use this to get the visa at the border. The process is also outlined on the visa page. Still, you have to apply at the embassy to get this code. Hope this clarifies things.
0 x

BettercallSaul

Turkmenistan Transit Visa

Post by BettercallSaul »

Hello all,

I have read on another website that Turkmenistan Embassies will reject applications for transit visas if you are coming from Uzbekistan on a dual or multiple entry visa. Can anyone tell me is this likely to be true?

I always want to have dual entry visas in case of possible problems entering the next country.

Thanks for any guidance.
0 x