Uzbekistan new registration system from July 2018

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
thijsbroekkamp

Re: Uzbekistan new registration system from July 2018

Post by thijsbroekkamp »

After 2 weeks of in Uzbekistan now so far the registration has been far less of an issue as we thought. Just hand in your passport and the hotel manages the rest, you don’t even have to have the slips anymore as it is all online in the system anyways. We spoke with the owner of the responsible travel agency in Nuratau who explained the changes are happening so quick in the country that it is impossible to keep up. Registration will probably be out the door soon as well.
2 x

Trunks

Post by Trunks »

Alfred wrote:Hi Trunks, sorry to hear about the trouble you had. Can i ask what border crossing that was at?
Tashkent to shymkent
0 x

Sasha

OVIR Registration

Post by Sasha »

Asking this question because I want to be absolutely sure.

My accommodations in Uzbekistan are as follows:

Night 1: Tashkent. Staying in hotel. Hotel does registration.

Night 2: Samarkand. Staying in Air Bnb. Host does not register.

Night 3: Samarkand. Staying in Air Bnb. Host does not register.

Night 4: Bukhara. Staying in hotel. Hotel does registration.

Night 5: Bukhara. Staying in hotel. Hotel does registration.

Night 6: Tashkent. Staying in hotel. Hotel does registration.

Night 7: Flying out.

What I understand is foreign nationals will not need registration if their stay in each city, town, village doesn’t last more than three days. In this case, they will need documents confirming the fact of stay (for example a receipt for goods or services).

My question is, is it okay for me to stay without registration for 2 nights in Samarkand, as long as I retain all receipts. Has anyone faced any problem while flying out, with this kind of situation?

Or should I just go ahead and register myself through the website/ tourist information centres just to avoid any problem.

Would really appreciate if someone can clarify.

Thanks
Sasha
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: OVIR Registration

Post by steven »

It should be fine. Since 2018, we have had no reports of any tourist having to pay a fine, even if they were in blatant violation of the law, like overstaying their visa.

It seems at the moment tourists get a free pass.

Btw, you are not even breaking any law so you should not worry at all.
1 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

Sasha

Post by Sasha »

Thanks Steven.
0 x

Julieeugenie

Post by Julieeugenie »

Registration in ouzbekistan

As we didn't stay in hotels, we just went to a nice hotel (4 star) in samarcande and we asked the receptionist to register us on the official website. You can explain that he just has to click on "free tourism". He was very friendly and we just had to pay about 1€ per day. We could pay with our credit card to the receptionist. And that's it, it is really easy !
At the border they asked for the registration slips and we showed them the paper and that was good :)
So it seems important to do it but it is really easy !
1 x

murg

Post by murg »

That Sounds awesome.... Can you tell us:
- at which Border you left UZB?
- the name of the hotel?

Bon voyage!
0 x
Riding the globe (well, at least some parts)
living in Germany

EvilDoctorK

Post by EvilDoctorK »

Nobody cared about registration slips on departure from Tashkent airport last week anyway .. the only people who seemed to be interested were the hotels where one of them was concerned due to late arrival/early departure that they wouldn't be able to register us and another one was looking for the previously places registration slips .. but nobody official looked at them when departing the country.
0 x

nabeelfarid

Post by nabeelfarid »

Similar query. British national, I will be cycling through Uzbekistan and just wanted to confirm if this registration thing is still necessary?
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

If you want to be honest, go to a hotel or OVIR and register properly: https://caravanistan.com/visa/uzbekistan/registration/

If you do not want to do that, tourists get a free pass.

Can you tell me how I should rephrase this on the website? This question keeps popping up, I keep giving the same answer and then people are fine with it. You have seen the answers before in this thread, so I don't know how to write it so this question stops being asked. Can you help?
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D