Tajikistan E-visa refusals

All about Tajikistan. Expert: Pamirski, Christian77
Mebbles

Re: Tajikistan E-visa refusals

Post by Mebbles »

I’ve had exactly the same problem. My partner and I applied within minutes of each other. Hers was accepted no problem, mine was rejected (even though I have no Chinese connections at all). I’ve emailed the Embassy in Dushanbe with no response so far, and the Tajikistan Embassy here in London said they were unable to help as it was an online application. I’m going to apply again and hope for the best. Has anyone else who’s posted here previously tried again yet?
0 x

xiaochensu

Post by xiaochensu »

hmmm, I guess I will head to Dushanbe visa-less and hope for the best...Let's hope they have mercy on me and not charge me 500 USD for a visa.
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

Please let us know what happened! I don't get a lot of reports and my Chinese is not good enough to search on Chinese internet for reports.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

Gecko115

Post by Gecko115 »

Hi. I (UK) have arrived in Saritash and my evisa for Tajik has recently been (kinda) refused, when my wife’s (French) was accepted. I have an email saying:
We recommend you to cancel current application and apply for visa standard (url: https://visa.gov.tj), and choose the closest embassy to you as a site of issue.
- I cannot cancel evisa on the website
- i do not know if it is actually refused and if so why
- visa.gov.tj website doesn’t seem to work for me

I heard from other travellers who also had the same email/refusal, that after their visit to a Tajik embassy, they were told to wait. No progress, no visa/permit. So I am reluctant to go to Bishkek in case it does not work also.

Other option is to try find a travel agency to help secure visa.

Does anybody have any advice? we hope to enter in the next week, we were supposed to be on the Pamir highway already and super keen!

Thanks, Ali
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

You have a UK passport, but perhaps you were born in some country Tajikistan is not so keen on (anywhere Middle East, India, Pakistan,, Africa)?

In that case, procuring a visa will be difficult.

Don't have advice, we haven't gotten many reports yet on refusals, your experiences, positive or negative, are welcome.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

Mebbles

Post by Mebbles »

Mebbles wrote:I’ve had exactly the same problem. My partner and I applied within minutes of each other. Hers was accepted no problem, mine was rejected (even though I have no Chinese connections at all). I’ve emailed the Embassy in Dushanbe with no response so far, and the Tajikistan Embassy here in London said they were unable to help as it was an online application. I’m going to apply again and hope for the best. Has anyone else who’s posted here previously tried again yet?
For what it’s worth, my second application was just accepted! I rescanned my passport and entered the details in capital letters this time around like the poster earlier in the thread suggested, and thankfully it went through fine.
2 x

xiaochensu

Post by xiaochensu »

OK, I got in Tajikistan no problem. Quick fifteen minutes at Dushanbe Airport visa counter. 50 usd paid, no questions asked. Single entry tourist visa issued on the spot, valid for 45 days. Guess the China connection didn't really matter for me.
2 x

blakep76

Post by blakep76 »

Thanks for the update, xiaochensu - you must be relieved.

I'm assuming no GBAO permit on the airport issued visa though?
1 x

xiaochensu

Post by xiaochensu »

blakep76 wrote:Thanks for the update, xiaochensu - you must be relieved.

I'm assuming no GBAO permit on the airport issued visa though?
Nope, no GBAO permit. I didn't ask for one, so not sure what would happen if I asked
2 x

Gecko115

Post by Gecko115 »

steven wrote:You have a UK passport, but perhaps you were born in some country Tajikistan is not so keen on (anywhere Middle East, India, Pakistan,, Africa)?

In that case, procuring a visa will be difficult.

Don't have advice, we haven't gotten many reports yet on refusals, your experiences, positive or negative, are welcome.

Thanks for help. It came through accepted after about 10 days when i had given up - so i turned around and cycled back, entered TJ with no problem.

FYI I was born in UK, no connection with China etc. (Except just having spent 3 months there but they didnt know that). Perhaps my wife using CAPS for her name in form (I didn’t) sped up her approval...!

Ali

PS slow to reply as without internet on Pamir :-)
1 x