Car insurance in Uzbekistan

All about Uzbekistan.
Mirmiru

Car insurance in Uzbekistan

Post by Mirmiru »

In March 2018, on the border between Turkmenistan (Dashoguz) and Uzbekistan (Shovot), I had my car insured by O'zbekinvest insurance company (www.uzbekinvest.uz). I had to insure the car for a whole year, but the price was very reasonable: 48,000 UZS = about 5 EUR!
2 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Car insurance in Uzbekistan

Post by steven »

Seems similar to what people paid earlier in the year: https://caravanistan.com/transport/driv ... #insurance
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

real2234

Post by real2234 »

Hi,

Some days ago I purchased insurance after the border between Osh and Andijon (Dostyk). I got that at the end of the taxi parking just after the border, on the right side, in a small kiosk that at first sight sells food. I hope that's a real insurance, by the way the company is "Kafolat" and I payed around 10 USD for two months.
2 x

samsung

Post by samsung »

real2234 wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:12 pm
Hi,

Some days ago I purchased insurance after the border between Osh and Andijon (Dostyk). I got that at the end of the taxi parking just after the border, on the right side, in a small kiosk that at first sight sells food. I hope that's a real insurance, by the way the company is "Kafolat" and I payed around 10 USD for two months.
Sounds like my experience early July. My receipt says Ozbekinvest. Valid 1 month. 3rd party up to 40 million Uzbek som (4000 USD). Paid a small sum. Dont recall amount but think 5-8 USD range.

Not sure how far that goes if you hit a more expensive vehicle, or worse injure people.
0 x

jummy

Post by jummy »

We got our insurance at a local Uzbekinvest branch in Kungrad. It was 20,000 som for a normal car for 1 month. Very easy, efficient and friendly process
1 x