Chinese visa in Bishkek

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
Chris

Re: Chinese visa in Bishkek

Post by Chris »

Hello guys,
Thank you very much for your advice - I'm very sorry to hear your application was refused 😣 I saw your post when my passport was on the way already, so I went on with it - and last week I received the visa without further questions. I've been to Turkey and Iran for over 6 weeks each, it didn't seem to be a problem in Vienna. For anyone interested, here's my full report: http://caravanistan.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3423
I'd still advice anyone to double-check before sending with your local embassy, it seems to become an issue...

I hope you find a way around!!
Chris
2 x

avelolasticot

Post by avelolasticot »

It seems to be still impossible in Bishkek, but Meerim from Baikal travel told us it might get better in March.. Let's hope it's true :)
1 x
Two girls cycling from France to ... ? http://avelolasticot.fr/en

ferdinand

Post by ferdinand »

Hello people!

We also tried to get a Chinese visa in Bishkek... and it seems to be impossible. For few travellers.
But: If you can muster up a number of travellers - I did not quite understand the lady, but I think it was 10 people - it could be possible! So, if someone speaks better Russian than me and has a number of people at hand which want to get the visa... there might be a chance left!

Best,
M.
1 x

Gripitandripit17

Post by Gripitandripit17 »

Hey Ferdinand

Can you provide the phone number you used? I'm also looking for a Chinese visa in Bishkek but I'm having trouble finding a phone number that works.

I also have help from someone at my hostel, who would translate.

Thanks
0 x

David Fafie

Post by David Fafie »

Hello

We went in Chinese embassy in bichkek this morning, and we have waited few minutes and a guys said us, it is only for kirghiz people. And only the person register before can enter in embassy.

So now, we are wainting an answer of Avia travel club who have some partenaire and maybe it can help me. I say you the answer asap
1 x

David Fafie

Post by David Fafie »

I confirm it is absolutely impossible (for french people and probably other foreigner) to asking chinese visa in Bichkek. Information from Chinese Embassy and différent contact in travel agency in Bichkek :cry:
1 x

blanka_kis

Post by blanka_kis »

Hi . any news from chinese embassy in Bishkek? Tourist visa possibile?
0 x

roxyandtommyontheroa

Post by roxyandtommyontheroa »

Hello everyone !
15/03/23, official post-Covid reopening date. We were at 9am in front of the Chinese Embassy in Bishkek! So chatting with the lady working at the embassy we learned that it is possible to get a Tourist Visa here IF (and it’s a big if) you have been in Kyrgysztan for at least 6 months and you have a proof of registration.
Well, if any tourist fulfill this requirement I would be surprised XD

Good luck everyone!

Roxyandtommyontheroad
2 x

otv3n

Post by otv3n »

We tried to apply for Chinese tourist visa in Bishkek today, filled all the forms and got the online reservation, but when we came to the embassy, the workers inside said that we must have a LOI: an invitation from a Chinese travel agency certified by the PRC authorities, which has the right to transport tourists abroad. We had no cycling, or Xinjiang/Tibet visiting mentioned in our application, just an ordinary trip to Shanghai, Beijing etc. I guess this is probably a feature of the consulate here. I tried to argue, saying that I have applied for L visas before in other countries and there was no such rule, but it didn't work, so we had to turn away. We are holding Russian passports and living in Kyrgyzstan for more than a year, but there were no questions regarding how long have we been living here at all. Maybe it will be helpful for someone. Also if anyone has any info where to get this LOI, I would be very thankful.
0 x

caravaniston

Post by caravaniston »

Same experience, different passport. They insist on the letter of invitation and should be from a company. I was also told of the 6 month rule.
0 x