Embassy report: Russian Transit Visa in Ulaanbaatar

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
dmo4032

Re: Embassy report: Russian Transit Visa in Ulaanbaatar

Post by dmo4032 »

Does anyone know if applying for a Russian tourist visa and getting denied in Beijing will hurt your chances of getting on in Ulaan Baatar, or are they separate events?
0 x

dmo4032

Post by dmo4032 »

Applied August 16th, received August 21, 2019. I got a 8 day Transit visa for the trans siberian railroad with an overnight in Moscow and St. Pete, in a 5 calendar day turn around. Application days are Monday, Wednesday, Friday, 10:00 am to 12:00. Only needed copies of train tickets, passports with 2 abutting empty pages, passport photo, and completed application. Did not need proof of travel insurance or letter of invitation. This was for a US passport holder, fee was $160 USD. Also, a French family was issued a 10 day transit visa for travel by car to Vladivostok. Seems like a transit visa for Russian travel is very doable from Ulaan Baatar.
1 x

nicodehors

Post by nicodehors »

French citizen here, asking for a transit visa to go to Almaty through Irkutsk and Novosibirsk by bus and train.

I went to the embassy yesterday (Thursday) as there were various reports about the application days, but the guy clearly told me it was now on Monday, Wednesday and Friday, from 10 to 12 (even if the sheet on the gate still says otherwise).

Went again today, took me longer than expected because I had filled an outdated form (guess I didn't read Caravanistan well enough before), but the man kindly explained where I could find a place (next to Mongolian Post) to re-fill and print the correct one. I gave them an insurance contract copy and they took it, but they did not ask for hotel reservation proof.

Had then to pay 46$ at the TDB Bank nearby, and visa will be available on Wednesday. Pickup from 12 to 12:30.

So quite easy, especially for Russian administration!
1 x