Osh to Dushanbe/Khorog in late August

Share a ride on the Pamir Highway
Forum rules
1. Commercial offers are not allowed.
2. Please do not share personal contact details in your posts. Get in touch through the personal message system. Your PM stays in your outbox until the recipient logs in again.
3. Posts without a reply for more than 90 days are automatically removed.
4. Please report drivers sending you private messages. It helps us keep this board free from commercial intent.
1reisender

Osh to Dushanbe/Khorog in late August

Postby 1reisender » Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:59 am

Hello everyone,

I'm Tom, a almost 27 year old solo traveller from Germany, currently planing his 2 month trip through Central Asia in summer. In the end of August 2019 I want to travel the Pamir Highway, starting from Osh and going all the way to Khorog or Dushanbe. As I am traveling by myself, which I'm used to for years, I would love to share this ride with some other adventurous people. Sharing the costs and the experience ;)

I don't have any certain itinerary in my mind, so I'm quite flexibel in this point. When it comes to the duration of the trip I'm also flexible, but it should neither be to long nor to short. I would prefer a duration of about seven or eight days.

Anybody interested to share this ride? Any questions to me or anything else? Let me know, I'm looking forward to some replies and an enjoyable trip :)

1reisender
1 x

samanthalee

Re: Osh to Dushanbe/Khorog in late August

Postby samanthalee » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:25 am

Hey Tom!

I’m an also-almost-27 year old Canadian traveller looking to do the Pamir highway - I’m coming from a few weeks in Uzbekistan so would ideally want to start around aug 15. Let me know what your plans are!

Best,
Sam
0 x

marcoppe

Postby marcoppe » Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:57 am

Hi there,

I'm a 36 year-old male from Italy. I will be in Bishkek on Aug 20 and would like to ride along the Pamir Hwy for about 10 days. I'm used to long drives, so I'm ok with renting a car. Alternatively, I am willing to fly from Bishkek to Osh if that helps to shorten the trip and join someone already further south.

Best,
Marco
1 x

Kiko

Postby Kiko » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:20 am

Hi there,

my brother (37) and I (31) want to do the same trip by the end of August. We have to be back in Dushanbe on Thursday 05.09 but we are quite flexible about the day of departure, just let me know where to meet. We will be around Karakol before Osh.
Do you want to rent a jeep and drive it by yourself or do you prefer to hire driver and a jeep?

Best Regards
Frederick
0 x

devonys

Postby devonys » Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:52 am

Hello! My name is Devony, a 27 year old solo woman traveller coming from the US (I also speak French). I'm hoping to jump into a trip between Dushanbe and Osh (I can start in either!) towards the middle to end of August. I'll be in Astana as of August 11, so I could do any time after that. I'm very flexible on starting point and dates, and love travelling with and meeting new people. I'm experienced in solo travel, and would prefer to hire a driver and share costs. Hoping to travel between 8-10 days along the Pamir Highway. Let me know if anyone has a space!
1 x

Kiko

Postby Kiko » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:10 am

Hi guys,

great! If you want, I can contact a guide I met last year in Kyrgistan and ask for a price. When do you want to start, would be the 28.08. or 29.08. from Osh fine for you?
Marco, if you have a clue about renting and driving a jeep there, please let us know.
Best
Frederick
1 x

JayC95

Postby JayC95 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:23 am

Hi all,

I'm a 24 year old solo traveller from the US looking to do the trip on the Pamir Highway starting around August 15-19th (dates can move a little if needed however). I would prefer to go Khorog to Osh! This is part of my London to Singapore route, no flights allowed! I'm an experienced traveller despite looking like the youngest one on here, and I also brought playing cards : )

(Samantha, I think you're going the other direction? Devonys, maybe we could find something that works?)

If anyone is going this way let me know!
-Jonathan Carpency
1 x

Elibencanaan

Postby Elibencanaan » Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:04 am

Hey!
My name is Eli, I'm from Israel and also solo traveling.
I'd love to join a group going osh to khorog/dushanbe.
Same time as you - end of August.
Count me in!
0 x

Wojx1

Postby Wojx1 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:54 am

Hey beautiful people!

I'm 26 yo male and travelling on my own. I would like to begin a trip from Osh to Dushanbe via Khorog around 31st August (+/- 1 day). I'm quite flexible if it comes to choosing the conditions of car rental. It would suit me well to rent a car with or without a driver and I think that roughly 7 days would be sufficient to experience the Pamir Highway at its best. I'm also communicative in Russian so I believe that a linguistic barrier wouldn't be a problem for us in this region. I've found a few offers which have attracted my attention but I'm also willing to join an existing group with a ready to use itinerary for such a journey. Feel free to contact me if you're interested ;)

Cheers!
0 x

Evalu

Postby Evalu » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:18 pm

Hi all of you!
Everybody found something already? If not:
We (couple from germany, 33/34 years old) would like to rent a car (self driving) and would go osh-khorog- osh . Starting around 18th of August, returning to osh 26 th.
Anyone interested?
Eva
Last edited by Evalu on Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x