Embassy report: Uzbekistan visa in London

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Embassy report: Uzbekistan visa in London

Post by steven »

Please read and post reports on the Uzbek embassy in London below.

We summarize all info in the embassy reports of the Uzbek visa page.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

cal79

Embassy report: Uzbekistan visa in London

Post by cal79 »

Hello,

I intend to apply for an Uzbek visa at their Embassy in London. I have read their website (and the uzbek visa section on Caravanistan), and am not clear on whether it is a requirement for an electronic photo to be uploaded on the evisa form and applications without one will fail, or whether taking two photos in person to the Embassy is acceptable instead.

I want to establish this before I apply so I avoid a wasted trip to west London! Ive emailed the consular section but no reply, and called numerous times but no-one answers.

Can anyone answer this question?

Thanks in advance!
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Uzbekistan visa in London

Post by steven »

I have never uploaded a photo to this form. I have not applied in London, but it seems to me, that since you have to print out the form anyway, there could be no problem to stick on the picture afterwards.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

cal79

Post by cal79 »

Thanks steven, thats useful to know. In the absence of being able to clarify it any other way, I'm going to go ahead at the Embassy tomorrow without uploading one and see what happens!

Thanks
0 x

H_Phil

Post by H_Phil »

cal79, what was your experience like of going to the embassy in person to get it sorted? Could you pay them directly (cash or card) for the visa at the centre or did you still need to use a postal order (I didn't even know they were still a thing)? Would be great to hear of any potential pitfalls. Thanks in advance!
0 x

kmerisalu

Embassy Report: Uzbekistan transit visa from London embassy

Post by kmerisalu »

Hello,

I'm travelling through Turkey - Iran - Turkmenistan - Uzbekistan to Kazakhstan by car and applied for Uzbekistan transit visa at London embassy on 29 July, 2015 and I was asked to come back in 2 weeks time.

At the time of applying I filled in the forms from the embassy page, I had Kazakh (exit) visa in the passport already and no Iran (entry) visa. I did not have an invitation letter and no cover letter. I also added flight tickets from Kazakhstan back to Europe to the visa application pack.

Received the transit visa for 3 days on 14 August 2015.

I hope this is helpful.

All the best,

Karl
0 x

RobAU

Embassy Report: Uzbekistan Visa in London

Post by RobAU »

I got my Uzbekistan visa in London yesterday. It was very straight forward.

I went in with the bits and pieces:
-Passport
-Photocopy of every page of passport (including blank)
-LOI
-2 x completed application forms with 35x45mm photos on them (just glued on, don't bother with the uploading stuff. The intention is that you stick on proper photos)

They take the bits and pieces and give you a slip that you take down to the Barclays branch (short walk) where you pay the amount (depends on the length of visa and whether you're getting it processed fast or normal).

I got my visa for 15 days priority processed for 70GBP versus 52GBP for normal processing, it was done by the time I returned from the bank so there was no waiting at all. With the cost of getting in and out of London, the extra 18GBP is easily worth it to get the visa in a single day if you have an LOI.

Note that the Uzbek, Mongolian and Iranian embassies are all within easy walking distance of each other. I collected my Mongolian visa at 1015 and went straight up to the Uzbek embassy and had my Uzbek visa all done before 1215.

As with every visa in my experience, just read the website and do what it says and everything is easy. Note that I was granted this visa with the "route" field on the application form left blank. My application form was provided to me pre-filled by the company that provided the LOI and I asked the consular staff member if it needed to be filled and she said no and took it. Be aware that this may only be acceptable if you are providing you application pre-filled by the travel company as mine was.
0 x

irishmcbride

Embassy Report - Uzbekistan Tourist Visa in London

Post by irishmcbride »

Received my UK passport back with my mulitple entry tourist visa today, 2 weeks to the day after posting it off by special delivery. Cost me £60 by bank transfer, for which I had to send them a screenshot of the online payment confirmation by email. NO LOI required.

I'd received a missed call from them 2 days ago, and when I phoned them back it turned out (after the most comically grumpy "hello" I've ever encountered) that they had just phoned to confirm the payment had happened, but had subsequently found my email and so already posted my passport back to me. In fairness, they were pretty friendly and helpful on the phone, I must have just disturbed their lunch!

Happily, they never questioned that I only put in a two night booking at a hostel in Tashkent for what will be about a 2 week stay. All in all, one of my smoothest visa applications.

Next up, Tajikistan!
0 x

karenandmike

Re: Embassy Report - Uzbekistan Tourist Visa in London

Post by karenandmike »

hi. we shall be visiting the uzbek london embassy next week.
You do know the Tajik visa is now an e-visa??. All from the comfort of home or hostel.....
0 x

irishmcbride

Re: Embassy report: Uzbekistan visa in London

Post by irishmcbride »

Yeah, I saw that, but my friends and I after a multi-entry visa so we can come and go around the region as we please when we're over there, but I can only seem to select single entry on the eVisa page, so embassy application it is.

Also, you just can't beat a good old full page visa in your passport!
0 x