Buying train tickets in Uzbekistan

All about Uzbekistan.
Cassarian

Re: Uzbek Railways Website Q&A

Post by Cassarian »

Hello,

I've just bought two tickets for a trip between Tashkent and Samarkand scheduled for august, but I still haven't received any email confirmation or ticket number. And the section "my orders" on the website of Uzbek Railways is empty. I paid with my Visa credit card.

Is that normal? The tickets could be bought even at Tashkent station, without reserve them in advance?

Many thanks for your help
0 x

togreiser

Post by togreiser »

I have now bought my first tickets from this site, and I would like to leave a little information about my experience. I sure this information is in this tread already, but I will leave this update anyway.

- The site i frustrating. Be sure to be in a calm meditative state, before starting the process.
- I used the English site, but it still does not like the English name of destinations. I used Wikipedia to find the name of towns and copy/paste in the Cyrillic script.
- I was able to book tickets 45 days out. That is for both sleeper train and the high speed train between Samarkand and Tashkent
- First class on Samarkand to Tashkent was almost sold out on the first day. 2 tickets left when I bought. Still plenty on second class
- For sleeper train I think I have to get print out a confirmation and get my ticket at the station
- For day train I think I can print my ticket and board the train
- On my work PC, AVG identified the payment portal as a problem, and stopped me. I had to use my phone to order
- My orders is in a neat list on "My orders" page
2 x

shvedsky

Post by shvedsky »

I got the registration email now to my gmail spam folder, didn't work earlier. My guess is that they've had their domain or ip blacklisted due to some unit on their network sending spam, its a common problem. Then their emails get stuck before the user's spam folder.
0 x

shvedsky

Post by shvedsky »

As you’ve might seen, the website only allows four people booked at the time. So if you’re booking more than four people, and you’re booking kids, apparently the system doesn’t allow to book single children... So now we gotta sort this out somehow. The train is pretty empty so maybe we’ll just try to resolve it in two days when the train leaves for Andijan from Tashkent...
0 x

pvanpeters

Post by pvanpeters »

See attached screenshot - is there something i do wrong? I can't figure it out. Selected a train with kupe places available, filled in passenger details, next screen, this error and no way to go to payment. Did it a few times again, also switched once to Russian to rule out malfunctioning English version.
Anyone had this before?
uz.png
uz.png (122.1 KiB) Viewed 2977 times
0 x

pvanpeters

Post by pvanpeters »

Ok, after a lot of trail and error
* Somehow it relates to the passenger with nationality Russian and/or Passport (RF) in the booking
* Making two separate bookings somehow worked
Payment (VISA) worked fine.
0 x

niner4nine

Post by niner4nine »

ana.pina wrote:
netllama wrote:Can you post a screenshot of what you see when you look at your bookings (after logging into the website)?
Did you ever get to the bottom of this? I can't see my ticket anywhere, didn't get an email confirmation, and I paid with visa. My card wasn't charged it appears, but now the 2 remaining tickets on my desired train are gone. What happened???
0 x

niner4nine

Post by niner4nine »

niner4nine wrote:
ana.pina wrote:
netllama wrote:Can you post a screenshot of what you see when you look at your bookings (after logging into the website)?
Did you ever get to the bottom of this? I can't see my ticket anywhere, didn't get an email confirmation, and I paid with visa. My card wasn't charged it appears, but now the 2 remaining tickets on my desired train are gone. What happened???
OK I just tried to book more tickets using a visa. Same result. But after I book 3 tickets, it does show that there are 3 less tickets. Weird. Will look again tomorrow.
0 x

Lubylu

Post by Lubylu »

Hi guys
I seem to be experiencing a variation of the theme from previous posters...
Looks like I've bought 2 tickets on the website, got through all stages and seemed to have paid. However, no email. Credit card not charged (yet).
Go to My Orders on the website - there's an order number there, happy days - but then I click expand to see the details, and the details of my order appear but they are greyed out and on top is a forever spinning Uzbek railways logo.
Anyone got any clues whether I've actually bought the tickets or not?? They should be e-tickets but can I just take my order number to the station or is that a bit risky?
Such a bizarre website...
0 x

Lubylu

Post by Lubylu »

An update on this - after about 24 hours the forever spinning Uzbek logo disappeared and I could see my order. I clicked electronic registration and was able to download pdf tickets. After another 24 hours I could see the charge on my credit card. So perhaps patience is the key!
Despite all, I didn’t receive anything via email, not even in spam.
I paid using a visa and did everything via iPad.
1 x