Tajikistan e-visa apllication: adress in Tajikistan needed?!

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
murg

Tajikistan e-visa apllication: adress in Tajikistan needed?!

Post by murg »

Hi fellow travellers,

so once again I struggle with the Tajikistan e-visa application.

When filling out the online form I found the "address in Tajikistan" field.
As I don not have a hotel, guesthouse... booked in advance I ignored it.

Unfortunately I cannot continue to the second page as the "address" field is mandatory!

What to do? Just enter a random hostel in Dushanbe?
Do I have to book a room in advance?

We travel overland by motorbike, German passport.

Thanx or your help!
0 x
Riding the globe (well, at least some parts)
living in Germany

Milad
Trains expert
Trains expert

Re: Tajikistan e-visa apllication: adress in Tajikistan needed?!

Post by Milad »

Enter a random hotel address in the capital (Dushanbe). This advice can be given for all visa application forms in the world which ask for an address (except where they want a booking confirmation, which is not the case anywhere in Central Asia).
3 x

loverofleaving

Post by loverofleaving »

After filling the form of evisa I got an email, and I was asked to send place tickets, booking confirmation and plan of a trip, so I guess it's not a rule. None of people I spoke with had to attach any additional documents, so maybe it was just my bad luck. Btw my evisa application was rejected.
0 x

blakep76

Post by blakep76 »

loverofleaving wrote:After filling the form of evisa I got an email, and I was asked to send place tickets, booking confirmation and plan of a trip, so I guess it's not a rule. None of people I spoke with had to attach any additional documents, so maybe it was just my bad luck. Btw my evisa application was rejected.

You shouldn't need to submit any documents for a standard e-visa. Are you sure you used the right website?

It's evisa.tj, not visa.gov.tj

The second one requires some more information, but is for collecting your evisa at an embassy or consulate (which I assume you didn't want to do), while the first is more simplified, and you will be emailed the visa.
0 x

loverofleaving

Post by loverofleaving »

Yes, I used evisa.tj
0 x