Advice regarding price

All about Kyrgyzstan.
tdalsgard

Advice regarding price

Post by tdalsgard »

Again I will ask:
I am a first time traveler to Kyrgyzstan. I contacted a company about a trekking trip. They say they will provide an English speaking guide and a cook to accompany me and my partner. We have our tent otherwise the company will provide everything else including picking us from Song-Kul lake side, taking us to Tash-Rabat then trekking to Chatyr-Kul. They are asking for 110 dollars per day per person. Is that reasonable or expensive? As I mentioned we have never been to this part of the world to be able to evaluate this price.
0 x

bwv812
China expert
China expert

Re: Advice regarding price

Post by bwv812 »

Get another quote from agencies and/or Caravanistan. If they're all in the same neighbourhood, then it's probably reasonable.
0 x

kalimero44

Post by kalimero44 »

How many days? Seems a bit expensive. I did a similar thing 6 days for 200$ including three days horse-back riding to Song Kul, then driver to Tash Rabat, hike to Chatyr-Kul without guide tho. It also included food and accommodation in yurts. It was 3 years ago tho. I booked it thru one of the hostels in Kotchkor.

Might get cold in Tash Rabat at night in your tent with the altitude.

Id probably wait to be in Kyrgyzstan before booking anything or ask for other quotes to compare.
0 x

tdalsgard

Post by tdalsgard »

Originally we were planing 3 days to night and the price for both of us was 660 dollars (as price asked 110. dollars per day per person). Due to the high price we reduced the trip to two days one night.
We have written to several companies but most have not responded only one apologied and said they do not do trips to Tash-Rabat and Chatyr-Kul.
We thought about waiting until we are there but we read several posts that it is advisable to arrange trips in advance especially if to a route that is not very popular as the ones that start from Karakol.
Three years ago you paid 200 dollars for 6 days as one person while now for the two of us would be if we go 6 days 1320 dollars is a huge difference that gives a bad indication for price development if the price quoted to us represent nowadays reality.
0 x

kalimero44

Post by kalimero44 »

Yes, seems expensive to me, unless the price have sky rocketed in three years. Im travelling at the moment so I don’t have the name of the hostel to give it to you. She was a nice lady in Kochkor and way more useful than CBT. I send a message on messenger to one of the tour guides that I had met along the way, perhaps, he can be useful. Ill let you know when he replies. It’s true that not many tourists head to Tash Rabat, but we were a few of us staying in the yurts.
0 x

kalimero44

Post by kalimero44 »

His contact is :

Mirbek:
[email protected]
Whatsapp: +996 771 601 400

Hopes this helps!
0 x