Uzbekistan e-visa Q&A

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
devonys

Re: Uzbekistan e-visa Q&A

Post by devonys »

As an update for future individuals, I called the hotline number on the website and they had my visa emailed to me within 12 hours, by around midnight the night beforehand I flew Astana to Tashkent! So, my advice is call the hotline :)
3 x

YosephG

Post by YosephG »

I have a double entry e-visa valid for 30 days within 3 months. I entered about 45 days ago for 3 days and left. Am I correct in assuming that I am allowed 27 more days inside Uzbekistan within that 3 month period? Or do my 30 days start running after I've first entered, and continue running even after I've left?

Thanks!
0 x

jenn8five

Post by jenn8five »

After many many attempts and countless head banging, I was able to successfully submit applications for myself and my bf by doing the following on Mac Chrome:

Passport photo:
  • light colored background (mine is blue, his is off-white)
    90% of the pic is face and 10% neck
    35x45 mm
    300 DPI
    jpg file name in all lower case, no space- used underscore (_)
Photo of passport:
  • scanned in color
    45x35 mm
    300DPI
    jpg file name in all lower case, no space- used underscore (_)
Confirmation was received immediately on Gmail. Despite the 12 hour activation disclosure, it was available immediately and payment was successfully made using a U.S. issued Visa credit card by Chase bank.

I think the biggest blocker for us was that our passport photos weren't initially cropped to their liking. They only want the full face and maybe about 3/4 of the neck. No shoulders
3 x

johnbian8308

Post by johnbian8308 »

I paid for my e-visa in late April after trying multiple cards. I just see the card I use was charged a $10 cash advance fee as the visa payment was somehow considered a cash withdrawal. The bank says there is nothing they can do, as the vendor determined what kind of transaction this is. Am I the only one encountering this problem?
0 x

ethye

Post by ethye »

Just applied for evisa and didn’t read carefully that it’s only valid until 90 days from today. Can I reapply for a new evisa since my travel date starts 1 day after my evisa expires? Or will I have to apply for a physical visa.

Thanks
0 x

rainest

Post by rainest »

I apparently screwed up the dates on my application and got a visa that becomes valid 5 days after I intended. Has anyone had experience with calling the hotline to amend the dates or just applying for a new visa?

I can probably adjust my itinerary somewhat if necessary, but ideally I'd fix the dates.
0 x

zach

Post by zach »

The Uzbekistan E-Visa site isn't working for me at the moment—the dropdown menus are all blank.

Captura de pantalla 2023-04-12 a la(s) 11.24.47 p.m..png
Captura de pantalla 2023-04-12 a la(s) 11.24.47 p.m..png (153.25 KiB) Viewed 1089 times

Has anyone else had this problem? Any advice?
0 x

arsenal4mylife

Post by arsenal4mylife »

zach wrote:
Wed Apr 12, 2023 4:26 pm
The Uzbekistan E-Visa site isn't working for me at the moment—the dropdown menus are all blank.

Captura de pantalla 2023-04-12 a la(s) 11.24.47 p.m..png

Has anyone else had this problem? Any advice?
It happened to me before, wait a few hours and you should be fine.
Also happens to Visa download page.
0 x

klevins

Post by klevins »

I have uploaded the images in literally every possible way I can think of and am still getting the error Photo is not comply with ICAO standards. Does anyone have any tips? I emailed the embassy but not super hopeful for a response. I am using chrome on a mac, all lowercase in file name, 35x45mm, 300 dpi.
0 x

kileyshields

Post by kileyshields »

Hi all, just wanted to say that I recently had issues paying so called the hotline. Hotline operator answered promptly and quickly and spoke English. Apparently you must use a DEBIT card, NOT a credit card. Debit card worked and my application is currently processing.

TL;DR use a DEBIT CARD and NOT a credit card when paying!
0 x