Yes, I got it!
82%
No, got rejected :-(
18%

Total votes: 112

noahdich

Re: Turkmenistan transit visa poll

Post by noahdich »

I got mine :mrgreen: German passport, Frankfurt consulate.
Entry: Flight Germany - Ashgabat
Exit: Farap
Overall it was quite a painless and hassle-free process. Very friendly staff at the consulate as well.
Frankly I was hoping that my application would be rejected as i want to add Iran to my trip but at the same time I have nothing against getting the visa. Iran has to wait I guess. :p
0 x

eccles1

Post by eccles1 »

Got mine after almost a month from the London embassy. Its valid for a 3 month window, which actually started about 2 weeks before they emailed it through to me.

Question - i originally stated to leave via Turkmenbashi, could I leave through the airport in Ashgabat instead?
0 x

friederike0509

Post by friederike0509 »

We are now waiting since 29 July and want to fly next week 12.9.....called and got told like 2,5 weeks ago all will be done soon. Wrote last week and called - been told by Turkmen embassy in germany - almost ready. Now really a bit worried if they can manage in time. We ordered express which should have taken 10 working days...
0 x

friederike0509

Post by friederike0509 »

Yes, just when talking about it. We got our Visa after 29 working days of processing the application. German embassy in Berlin :)
0 x

lywwill

Post by lywwill »

Got transit visa for 5 days with specified border points in the embassy in China for 12 working days. Paid USD10 of process fee (upfront in RMB) and USD35 of visa fee (after approval, must be in USD). Can also collect visa by a number at any embassy or at border.
1 x

garyloam

Post by garyloam »

I got a problem to download the application form for the transit visa. The embassy website always show "Please wait...." in pdf file.
Would anyone send me a copy of it?
my email: [email protected]
Thank you so much
0 x

wouterjdv

Post by wouterjdv »

Applied in Bishkek, got confirmation 2 weeks later, picked up in Dushanbe without any problems.
1 x

Iveco4x4

Post by Iveco4x4 »

Applied in Mashhad. Took only 100 phone calls, a friend going to the embassy to ask and 45 emails until I got an answer that my visa was approved. Picked it up in Teheran. Very friendly guy behind the small wooden window handed it to me.
It doesn't say any entrance or exit point on mine?!
1 x

Gabacho

Post by Gabacho »

Applied in Dushanbe and Tashkent to do a « fake transit », coming from Uzbekistan and then flying to Kazakhstan as it seems it worked sometimes before.
Got rejected two times : « we don’t give transit visas when there is a border between the two countries ».
1 x

victoriareali

Post by victoriareali »

Applied in bishkek, just got the confirmation email (after 10 days)
i ll pick it up in tashkent
1 x