Fann Mountains late September - early October?

Post your itinerary questions and trip reports here
aybe

Fann Mountains late September - early October?

Post by aybe »

Hi all,

I'll be in Dushanbe in September 26th and I'm planning to hike in the Fann mountain begining of October. I'm planning to go to Iskanderul Lake and kulikalon and surrounding lakes.

What would be the weather there in early October ?

Is the Artuch camp still open in October ? Otherwise is there any other option ? I don't have the proper equipment to camp.

As my plan is to go to samarkand after my trip in Tajikistan, I'll be probably in pendjikent, Is it better to do the 7 lakes instead ?

Thanks for your help
0 x

Julia
Kazakhstan expert
Kazakhstan expert

Re: Help ! Fann Mountain Hike Early October

Post by Julia »

Hi.
According to Artuch website they work till 1st of October.
http://artuch.tj/artuch-camp/

But contact them to check when exactly they'll close. If the weather is very good they can prolong working days or close earlier if the weather is bad.

The weather in October in the mountains can be different. One day sunny and warm, next day cold rainy and even snow.
But it gets cold at nights in October even if days can be sunny.
Hiking is possible. But need to be ready for cold nights and rainy days - proper warm camping gear and good waterproof gear.
Better check the weather forecast when you arrive to Dushanbe to see more accurate if you get sunny days.
1 x

aybe

Post by aybe »

Thanks Julia for your answer.

I've already sent an email to Artuch camp with no feedback. I hope it will always be open early October otherwise I have to change my plan because I don't have the proper equipment.

Do you have any other suggestion if doing the kulikalon lake is not an option.
0 x

Julia
Kazakhstan expert
Kazakhstan expert

Post by Julia »

Hi.
For other suggestions I can only think of one day trip to Iskanderkul lake (from Dushanbe). There's so called Snake lake near Iskanderkul and it's beautiful in autumn.

Also from Penjikent to 7 lakes. I've heard that some guesthouses work in October there. But don't know exactly which ones, sorry. If you don't find out info about guesthouses at 7 lakes you still can do one day trip and return back to Penjikent the same day.
But don't know how much hiring a driver for the whole day will cost.
And 7 lakes in one day are not much about hiking, it's more driving and light walking.
0 x

Gabacho

Post by Gabacho »

Hello guys !
Did you get any news from Artuch ? I’m in Dushanbe and would like to go to the Fann (Alaudin lake and Artuch camp) but it’s not easy to know if they are still accessible or open.
0 x

Julia
Kazakhstan expert
Kazakhstan expert

Post by Julia »

Gabacho wrote:Hello guys !
Did you get any news from Artuch ? I’m in Dushanbe and would like to go to the Fann (Alaudin lake and Artuch camp) but it’s not easy to know if they are still accessible or open.
Hi
Did you call (whatsapp/viber) them +992 928886888 or +992 927307939 ?
0 x

Gabacho

Post by Gabacho »

Is it the number of Alauddin or Artuch ?
I’m looking for the Alauddin Vertikal but can’t find it
0 x

Julia
Kazakhstan expert
Kazakhstan expert

Post by Julia »

Above are contacts of Artuch base camp.

Here's contacts of Allaudin Vertical base camp http://www.fanyvertical.ru/rest/1195840111.htm

But I'm not sure if they working. Last year they worked till 5th September. This year no information.
1 x

Gabacho

Post by Gabacho »

Thanks a lot !
0 x

Julia
Kazakhstan expert
Kazakhstan expert

Post by Julia »

So I've just got replies from the base camps.
They don't work now. Closed till next summer.
But they told me at Artuch base camp that the keeper of the camp is still there and he could open house for visitors. But there won't be any service. Just a room to sleep. No food. Don't know how long the keeper will be there though.
As for Allaudin Vertical base camp not sure if there's a keeper or anyone with the key to let you stay in the houses. It doesn't work now.
0 x