Kyrgyzstan new registration rule

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Kyrgyzstan new registration rule

Post by steven »

elaman wrote:Hey everyone, hope you are well.
Just stopped by to update on this ridiculous law. According to this trustworthy new site: http://kloop.kg/blog/2016/12/13/pravite ... -dekabrya/
From 19 December, guests from around 90 countries will need registration only if they stay 30 or more. Article also includes map of countries, which are affected.
Just read that as well, thanks for posting!
1 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

NucMed

Post by NucMed »

elaman wrote: Just stopped by to update on this ridiculous law.
From 19 December, guests from around 90 countries will need registration only if they stay 30 or more. Article also includes map of countries, which are affected.
Here is an English language article referring to the change ...

http://www.eurasianet.org/node/81666
1 x

sequel.world

Post by sequel.world »

When I was in Kyrgyzstan I registered at the local government office in Osh.

I have another travelling friend who had an awful experience doing it here - he was there hours and put in a room where money was demanded from him. Fortunately he'd borrowed a trick from me and put it in his socks already.

I, however, had a very smooth and easy process. A Kyrgyz man from Muztoo travel, which has a base in the city, assisted me. His name is Oibek and he speaks good English. It cost me 500 Som for a few hours of his time and a couple of small bribes but the process was smooth, painless and as quick as it could be. You could definitely negotiate it cheaper with him for his services. I required a few other bits of help from him translating etc so the 500 Som included that. I reckon you could get him to help for 350. I completed the process in under an hour as he knew all the people to speak to and could quickly ascertain what paperwork they wanted. He in contactable on whatsapp at +996 551 006 115.

He was also interested in buying cars if I knew of anyone.
1 x
Travelling the world over

http://www.sequel.world

:)

hitchhaning

Post by hitchhaning »

Hey everyone,
I was among the unlucky few who entered Kyrgyzstan just before the law was raised, so I had my hostel in Osh fill out all the documents (plenty of them, and lack of decent information in the city hall). I brought everything that was needed, but lacked a stamp on one of the forms, which was a good enough reason for the person in the city hall to extort a bribe from me. All in all - 230 soms for the registration (2 people) and 400 for the lady stamping the form herself.
Better not to know any Russian, they will question everything if you appear to understand.
1 x

victoriareali

Post by victoriareali »

UPDATE: NO REGISTRATION NEEDED FOR ARGENTINIANS. EMBASSY IN MOSCOW GAVE ME THE INFO WRONG

Hi, after having to pay a fine in kazakhstan because i didnt register i asked the consul how to do everything by the books. He called the different embassys in Moscow (that s where argentinean embassy for all the stans is) and for kyrguistan they were really sure and pushy about registration. So, i went to the OVIR listed in this forum, they send me to another office next to the international university, there, in a very bad way they told me i dont need to register and didnt listen to me anymore. Call the embassy again, insisted on me getting registered. In the end they ask for a photo of my passport and told.me.they will register me from Moscow. Still waiting for this outcome, i will update this post
Last edited by victoriareali on Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
1 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

Wow, it's been a difficult journey for you. I'll make sure future Argentinians know.
0 x

victoriareali

Post by victoriareali »

steven wrote:Wow, it's been a difficult journey for you. I'll make sure future Argentinians know.
yes! i deserve that everything goes really smooth from now on .. doesnt seem the case
0 x

mtindia

Post by mtindia »

I am an Indian and have got e-visa for 89 days, which is valid until the first week of December. I have already stayed for 52 days now. Today I came across this (https://caravanistan.com/visa/kyrgyzstan/registration/) page which mentions Indian nationals have to get registered if they stay for more than 30 days (this page was last updated in April 2017). However, there is no mention of this on my e-visa which is clearly valid for 89 days.

Do I really need to get registered with the immigration police in this situation?
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

I haven't read of a change, mtindia. But I am always learning, so do correct us if we are wrong.
0 x

Rachelchou

Post by Rachelchou »

Update 2023.08
We got to Kyrgyzstan yesterday, as a Taiwanese passport holder we still need to get a visa and registration.
We went to couple of travel companies, eventually they asked us to go to a "цон", which is supposed to be a government department, to do the registration.
The lady asked us to get a Russian translated passport (which is pretty weird), or pay 5000 som for registration. We waited for an hour and get the registration card. Not sure if the 5,000 som is a bribe or the actual cost🤧
2 x