Buying train tickets in Uzbekistan

All about Uzbekistan.
garyloam

Re: Uzbek Railways Website Q&A

Post by garyloam »

May I know if this the official uz train website, http://eticket.uzrailway.uz/?

I cannot gain access to it for these several days.
0 x

sanjarbek

Post by sanjarbek »

garyloam wrote:May I know if this the official uz train website, http://eticket.uzrailway.uz/?

I cannot gain access to it for these several days.
https://e-ticket.railway.uz/ - This is the new version of Uzbekistan Railways website. And for now, paying with Visa or Mastercard is impossible. You have to pay by only uzbek debit sum card.

Sanjar
1 x

DavidBetts

Post by DavidBetts »

Hi all. I'm travelling to Uzbekistan in April. Having booked my flights in and out of the country and now reading this thread, I'm concerned about my train plans.

My itinerary has me making three journeys from Khiva to Bukhara, Bukhara to Samarkand and Samarkand to Tashkent on 3 separate days. It seems I can't book these through the Uzbek rail site as they don't accept Mastercard/Visa. Does anyone know if booking through Advantour whether they will post tickets to a UK home address rather than to an Uzbek hotel?

I really don't want to wait until I arrive in the country and risk a sold out train ruining my plans
0 x

sanjarbek

Post by sanjarbek »

Hi!

Yes, for now you can't book with your Visa or Mastercard. Payment should be done with Uzbek sum card. Also, tickets for April are not available now. As for today, tickets available to buy till March 6. It means your tickets in April will be available to buy online in February. And I think agents will not post tickets to you to Uk, nowadays from the website you get pdf version of e-ticket so that you can get it via e-mail.

Sanjar
0 x

aseemdeodhar

Post by aseemdeodhar »

Hi all! I will be travelling to Uzbekistan from Feb 28 to Mar 10. Do you think I will get train tickets at the counters? Unfortunately the website does not accept VISA/Mastercard, so I have been unable to do the train booking from where I am!
0 x

FansClubMan

Post by FansClubMan »

aseemdeodhar wrote:Hi all! I will be travelling to Uzbekistan from Feb 28 to Mar 10. Do you think I will get train tickets at the counters? Unfortunately the website does not accept VISA/Mastercard, so I have been unable to do the train booking from where I am!
It is easy to check no. of seats through the app of rzd or the best app I've using - Rail Russia <--It does rapid search of routes and remaining seat for certain trains. Once you have confirmed there are seats available, go straight to the railway station ticket office to get one. I did this in July, 2018 where Bukhara - Urgench limited the tickets sales until the day before departure. I found the tickets were released from the app I mentioned so I was then rushed to the ticket office to get a place.
0 x

Leona

Weird error messages

Post by Leona »

I just tried my luck and checked if buying tickets (Tashkent to Samarkand) online works now, but I never even got near the payment part. After seat selection & filling in my details I click confirm and it gives me this error message: Ошибка! В БИЛЕТЕ ТУДА: HEKOPPEKTHЫЙ HAБOP ДOK-TA УДOCTOBEPЯЮЩEГO ЛИЧHOCTЬ

Does anyone here understand what that means? Is there something I can/should do to change it? Google translate "Error! IN A TICKET THERE: HEKOPPEKT DAB DOK-TA HAPPY PERSONALITY" isn't exactly helpful...
0 x

Milad
Trains expert
Trains expert

Post by Milad »

I understand the error message as "Error! In one ticket, there is an incorrect selection of document (type?) not matching the personal details".
Is it possible that you selected your document type as anything but "International passport"? Probably, all other types of documents are supposed for Uzbek (or CIS/FSU) citizens only.
0 x

sofizmat

Post by sofizmat »

It means "wrong ID document chosen"

Generally the website most probably has the script which checks if the ID number is valid (most probably against the UZ format).

It does not matter though as most nationalities will not make it through the border anyway because of COVID.
0 x

Milad
Trains expert
Trains expert

Post by Milad »

Generally the website most probably has the script which checks if the ID number is valid (most probably against the UZ format).
Yes, but this script will not check anything if the traveler selects "international passport" as their ID document.
0 x