Coronavirus border closures & re-openings

Is the road, border or area open and accessible to foreigners? Is there danger?
Forum rules
Before asking a border crossing question, make sure you have read the relevant article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/border-crossings/

Before submitting a crossing report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Existing forum topics are linked to from the border crossing pages on the site.

Thank you!
levelo

Re: Corona virus border closures

Post by levelo »

I'd say that technically you haven't entered Spain if you don't go through customs and just stay in the transit zone.
You should be good to go in Russia.
0 x

jdf91

Post by jdf91 »

Thanks Levelo,

I'm flying early april, hopefully, things are a bit more clear and less panic-y then.
0 x

appelyoghurt

Post by appelyoghurt »

Kazakhstan has tightened its rules again: http://mfa.gov.kz/en/london/content-view/-3340

People who have been to Hong Kong SAR, Italy, Japan, Macau SAR and Taiwan in the last 30 days can’t enter the country. This was 14 days before. People who have been in China, South Korea or Iran in the last 30 days also can’t enter, but I think that rule was already in place for a while.

Additionally people who have travelled to Azerbaijan, France, Germany or Thailand will get checkups on the phone for 14 days, but I don’t think that’s that disruptive to your trip if it’s just the checkups.

It seems from this source like Kazakhstan isn’t actually quarantining foreign visitors on arrival anymore, but just either refuse entry or the phone checkups.
1 x

houseplant

Post by houseplant »

MaUji wrote:This just came in from the US Embassy in Uzbekistan. Helpful for everyone.

Exit and Entry Requirements and Quarantine Information:

As of March 6, the Ministry of Health (MOH) reports no confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Uzbekistan. The diplomatic community was notified March 6 by dip note of quarantine requirements which went into effect on March 1:

In sum and as detailed below, American citizens who have spent time in the 14 days before their arrival in Uzbekistan in any one of a number of countries enumerated below, including the United States, are subject to home/hotel quarantine for up to 14 days. Americans who spent time in other countries enumerated below may be subject to medical monitoring while in Uzbekistan.

We understand that such persons are permitted to leave their home/hotel if asymptomatic.

Visitors subject to self-quarantine must be kept in their place of residence (house, hotel, hostel, etc.) for up to 14 days, not be allowed to communicate with people other than family members, and not be allowed to visit public places.
Uzbek authorities will examine travelers subject to home quarantine on the first day and last day of their quarantine, and conduct telephone monitoring on intervening days.
Those traveling on diplomatic or official passports are not subject to quarantine requirements.

Disciplinary sanctions will be imposed in the event of disciplinary violations by quarantined individuals.
This complex framework is subject to change at any time.
Quarantine Information:

Suspected COVID-19 cases will be isolated in appropriate hospitals. At this time, there is no quarantine requirement for any asymptomatic individuals based on travel history.
So I'll be traveling to Uzbekistan at the end of May and I understand that a lot of changes can happen between now and then, but based on the CURRENT statement from the MOH will I be forced into quarantine for the duration of my visit (10 days) since I am traveling from the US? Or can I travel around since I am not sick/asymptomatic?
0 x

MaUji

Post by MaUji »

So I'll be traveling to Uzbekistan at the end of May and I understand that a lot of changes can happen between now and then, but based on the CURRENT statement from the MOH will I be forced into quarantine for the duration of my visit (10 days) since I am traveling from the US? Or can I travel around since I am not sick/asymptomatic?

The embassy has taken off that last statement since then which was confusing. Maybe it meant you were free to go if asymptotic after the quarantine. But I understand it was confusing as well.

Refer to their page:

https://uz.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/
1 x

mnfiveb

Post by mnfiveb »

houseplant wrote:
MaUji wrote:This just came in from the US Embassy in Uzbekistan. Helpful for everyone.

Exit and Entry Requirements and Quarantine Information:

As of March 6, the Ministry of Health (MOH) reports no confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Uzbekistan. The diplomatic community was notified March 6 by dip note of quarantine requirements which went into effect on March 1:

In sum and as detailed below, American citizens who have spent time in the 14 days before their arrival in Uzbekistan in any one of a number of countries enumerated below, including the United States, are subject to home/hotel quarantine for up to 14 days. Americans who spent time in other countries enumerated below may be subject to medical monitoring while in Uzbekistan.

We understand that such persons are permitted to leave their home/hotel if asymptomatic.

Visitors subject to self-quarantine must be kept in their place of residence (house, hotel, hostel, etc.) for up to 14 days, not be allowed to communicate with people other than family members, and not be allowed to visit public places.
Uzbek authorities will examine travelers subject to home quarantine on the first day and last day of their quarantine, and conduct telephone monitoring on intervening days.
Those traveling on diplomatic or official passports are not subject to quarantine requirements.

Disciplinary sanctions will be imposed in the event of disciplinary violations by quarantined individuals.
This complex framework is subject to change at any time.
Quarantine Information:

Suspected COVID-19 cases will be isolated in appropriate hospitals. At this time, there is no quarantine requirement for any asymptomatic individuals based on travel history.
No, you can't travel around if you come from US and was there 14 days before travel to Uzbekistan. You should be self-quarantine for up to 14 days after coming to UZ in your house or hotel. And it doesn't matter asymptomatic you or not. After self-quarantine days - you are free to go wherever you want.
1 x

wild-goose.ch

Post by wild-goose.ch »

News from the Ferry Alat (Aserbaijan) - Aqtau (Kazakhstan):

The ferry did not run the last days due to bad weather condition. Today there supposed to be one leaving, but trucks and passengers only. Overlanders by car can not buy a ticket. Some freinds by bicycle were able to get registred and hopefully by now a ticket.

They let us all in the port and spend the night there, although it was a bit a hassle staying in the waiting area for the night and no tents allowed.

To leave the port again we had to go to the custom to get a paper, but all for free.

www.wild-goose.ch
1 x

Amin

Re: Corona virus border closures / quarantine measures

Post by Amin »

Hii
Thank you for such a good website.
I have a question about iran and turkey border.
Is it completely closed?
Even the ground border?
Whats the official turkish website to get info in this regard?

Does this restriction includes entering iran from turkish ground borders??

Thank you in advance
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Corona virus border closures / quarantine measures

Post by steven »

Amin wrote:Hii
Thank you for such a good website.
I have a question about iran and turkey border.
Is it completely closed?
Even the ground border?
Whats the official turkish website to get info in this regard?

Does this restriction includes entering iran from turkish ground borders??

Thank you in advance
Yes, it's completely closed.
1 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

appelyoghurt

Post by appelyoghurt »

Has anyone with a passport form a Schengen country (other than Italy) had any problems at borders because of the travel bans for people who have visited Italy? Since people from Schengen countries don’t get stamps when entering Italy, you can’t exactly proof to the border guards that you haven’t been to Italy, just like they can’t prove that you have been to Italy of course.

I might be overthinking this and the border guards will simply scan over your passport for stamps of Italy (or any other problematic country), but I can also imagine Central Asian border guards being rather “safe than sorry”.
0 x