Caspian sea ferry updates & questions

Airplanes, buses, boats, feet, thumbs, ...
roro

Re: Caspian sea ferry updates & questions

Post by roro »

Hi,
" the ferry boat which operates is quite new " Have you somes pic or infos about these "new" , especialy about toilets and bathroom?
I've seen some pictures some years ago: very ugly!
Plus time to wait in Baku, so I've choosed to drive around Caspian sea, via Astrakhan.
But if things have changed…
RR.
1 x

onTheRox

Post by onTheRox »

Update concerning the 'blue roof hotel' close to the port of Allat, Azerbaïdjan: it's been under renovation an now, a double bedroom costs 60 manat (made it to 50). Fast wifi, bright spacious rooms with bathroom..
We asked if we could pitch the tent inside de port, they refused (coronavirus?) :cry:
1 x

cycleourworlddotcom

Post by cycleourworlddotcom »

I heard that the ferry was stopped recently, and now is back on. Anyone close to the port with any news?
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

See this thread for the latest on coronavirus border closures. First post has the latest updates, under KAzakhstan and Azerbaijan:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=12239
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

petra

Post by petra »

Hello,

Your post sounds very hopeful! Me, my boyfriend and our (rather large) dog want to take the caspian sea ferry from Azerbaijan to Kazachstan in May 2022. We are travelling with a campervan. I read that you brought your dog on the ferry?:) Can you tell me how that works and whether it is difficult? Where do you let your dog do his/her buisiness? And how was the crew of the boat in relation your dog?

I would love to hear your story.

Kind regards,
Petra
0 x

Nikopol

Post by Nikopol »

I checked with Port of Baku sales office and turns out passanger service between Baku and Port of Kuryk (Aktau) is still operational and is being operated by ASCO.
3 x

_Ellen_

Post by _Ellen_ »

Nikopol wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:05 am
I checked with Port of Baku sales office and turns out passanger service between Baku and Port of Kuryk (Aktau) is still operational and is being operated by ASCO.
Do you know if there are any restrictions to enter to Kazahstan with the ferry from Baku?
1 x

gabisk

Post by gabisk »

_Ellen_ wrote:
Fri Mar 04, 2022 12:22 pm
Nikopol wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:05 am
Do you know if there are any restrictions to enter to Kazahstan with the ferry from Baku?
I think I not possible. Because you need a document, IDC, almost impossible to have for tourist. For us, i've understand that we can only arrive by plane. And have a 1 month free visa only at airport.. not fun. For land and maritime border, need the IDC
0 x

MeliOwens

Post by MeliOwens »

Hi, does anyone have an update on the Baku-Aktau line?
I'd like to take it next week (and it looks like now, entering Kazakhstan shouldn't be an issue for many passports) but I've heard very conflicting reports about whether it's even running at all. Thanks everyone ☺️
0 x

MeliOwens

Post by MeliOwens »

Update: i emailed ASCO and this is the reply i just got. I tried calling that number but there was no reply . So... 😔
Attachments
Screenshot_20220516-120016~2.png
Screenshot_20220516-120016~2.png (223.98 KiB) Viewed 1380 times
2 x