Coronavirus border closures & re-openings

Is the road, border or area open and accessible to foreigners? Is there danger?
Forum rules
Before asking a border crossing question, make sure you have read the relevant article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/border-crossings/

Before submitting a crossing report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Existing forum topics are linked to from the border crossing pages on the site.

Thank you!
rredan

Re: Coronavirus border closures & re-openings

Post by rredan »

Perhaps they suggest that you should submit a chargeback application.
1 x

Lutnistas1969

Post by Lutnistas1969 »

Hello Isaach,
I have the same situation as you, because they cancelled my wife’s visa application. So, I went to my bank in Germany and made the chargeback application. You need to take with you the message which you received from the Tajikistan Consular and the “payment confirmation”. I did it in the end of March and until now I haven't any message from my bank. The guy in the bank said me, that it will be much easier if the Tajikistan Consular send the money back to my account, but probably they don’t want to pay for the transfer. I'm not sure, but maybe you need also pay some money for this “operation”.

Anyway I received my visa in the beginning of March ( my wife not - we submitted our online applications at the same day ) ) but I think, that probably now my visa is not more valid. Last week I’ve sent one message to the Tajikistan Consular with request if they can change my visa for the next year. But until now I haven't received any answer.

Best regards
1 x

Lutnistas1969

Post by Lutnistas1969 »

Hello Isaach,
a little bit more information about the "payment reclamation" by my bank.
I made the chargeback application on 31 March. About one month later ( 27.04 ) I received the letter from my bank with information, that they need one document more. So, I sent it to the bank. Today I've called to the bank and asked how looks. They told me that all my documents have been completed ( wow, after almost 2 months ...it looks great ) and now "I'm waiting in the line" to send the complaint to the JSC "Kazkommertsbank". I have no idea how long it will take to send these documents...then... the "Kazkommertsbank" has 30 days for the answer. If they say "no" my bank can send once more the reclamation and the "Kazkommertsbank" has next 30 days for the answer. It's looks a little bit like a game. :oops:
1 x

postsovietfan

Post by postsovietfan »

My Uzbek tourist visa expires June 1st because the government did release any news about extension.

Previously, they automatically extended all tourist visas twice due to the outbreak.

While I could have gotten on a charter flight back home, I think that it would only be fair to stop extending visas if the airport and commercial flights are up and running again.

The reason I have not left yet is because my country's situation is worse than Uzbekistan's, and they say that airports and airplanes are hygienically risky anyway.

I wonder what the maximum risk is if I decide to overstay and my hotel does not notice nor care.

Recently, it seems that they cancelled the imprisonment penalty and made it just a fine.

Otherwise, I would hate to get banned from the region if that is a thing.

Surely, they would be more understanding during these times of strife...

Would contacting the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) be pointless?
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

No, contact them, also contact the ministry of tourism, or Uzbekistan's Tourism Ambassador - https://twitter.com/UZAmbassador - she is responsive.

They are friendly to tourists these days, so I think they won't give you a fine. The days of imprisonment and banning you from the country are definitely over.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

DoubleDutch

Post by DoubleDutch »

Update from Iraqi Kurdistan: land borders are still closed. Right before Eid, we had our expired Kurdistan visa renewed. No problems, just paying the normal amount of money for extending with one month. We don't know what will happen at the border once we leave, the car was only imported for 1 month officially...
2 x

robertscooper94

Post by robertscooper94 »

Hi all - My wife and I (Americans) were/are planning to travel to Tajikistan, due to arrive Sunday August 9. Our route is Washington DC --> Istanbul --> Almaty --> Dushanbe.
So I guess I have a couple of questions:
1) Do you all know if those airports will be allowing int'l arrivals by then? I presume so for Istanbul, less sure about Almaty and Dushanbe.
2) If we are indeed even able to get to Tajikistan, will we be allowed in?
3) If we are allowed in, will we have to quarantine for 14 days or will we be able to take our vacation there as planned?

Thanks all in advance for your time!
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

Hi Robert, so far I do not have an answer to any of your questions. For now, Tajikistan is closed to foreigners, and I haven't heard anything about a possible re-opening.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

pete5330

Post by pete5330 »

Looks like Kyrgyzstan is resuming International flights from june 15th.... Hopefully they will turn away from the 14 day quarantine soon....

https://akipress.com/news:642896:Kyrgyz ... m_June_15/

Regards,

Rick
1 x

dalec.si

Post by dalec.si »

More official link about Kyrgyzstan reopening airports:
https://kg.usembassy.gov/resumption-of- ... r-service/
1 x