Iran overland border entry with USA passport

All about Iran
bamboo

Iran overland border entry with USA passport

Post by bamboo »

Hi,

As a part of my Silk Road expedition, I'm planning to travel to Iran by train from Turkey (still looking for a tour agency that can accompany me at the border). However, a guide in Iran told me that I can't travel to Iran via train from the border. I must arrive by airplane and arrive in the airport :shock: . Any fellow American ever traveled to Iran without flying to Tehran first?
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Traveling to Iran as a U.S pasport holder

Post by steven »

I would say: double-check that with 2 other agencies. If they also tell you the same, then you can assume it's true. If not, then, the game starts, trying to judge who is right and who is wrong. Been there many times.
1 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

bamboo

Re: Traveling to Iran as a U.S pasport holder

Post by bamboo »

steven wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:00 am
I would say: double-check that with 2 other agencies. If they also tell you the same, then you can assume it's true. If not, then, the game starts, trying to judge who is right and who is wrong. Been there many times.
Yes! I did check with 2 other agencies and they both confirmed that Americans can cross overland border!
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Iran overland border entry with USA passport

Post by steven »

In that case, my guess is that the guide who told you you could not cross is wrong, since I had also never heard of that rule.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D