Kyrgyzstan coronavirus travel re-opening/restrictions Q&A

All about Kyrgyzstan.
steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Kyrgyzstan coronavirus travel re-opening/restrictions Q&A

Post by steven »

A tour operator just messaged me this : "I just got confirmation from Kyrgyz border officials that Bor Dobo crossing between Tajikistan and Kyrgyzstan is open for tourists on both sides."
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

Iskandar

Post by Iskandar »

For entry to Kyrgyztan by overland need to be national of 31 listed countries, but for go to exit Kyrgyztan to Uzbekistan and not come back Kyrgyztan, also is only for this 31 countries in Dostik border, or is open for any nationality?
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

Iskandar wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 7:50 pm
For entry to Kyrgyztan by overland need to be national of 31 listed countries, but for go to exit Kyrgyztan to Uzbekistan and not come back Kyrgyztan, also is only for this 31 countries in Dostik border, or is open for any nationality?
Dostyk border is only open for 32 nationalities, either from KG to UZ or from UZ to KG.
0 x

Lisamay4

Post by Lisamay4 »

Does anyone know if this border that is open is near Osh?
Thank you!!
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

Lisamay4 wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 9:32 am
Does anyone know if this border that is open is near Osh?
Thank you!!
Hi Lisa. Yes, that's near Osh. All info as per usual at

the border crossing map https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/viewe ... 99999&z=-1

the border crossing articles https://caravanistan.com/border-crossin ... yk/dustlyk

Do have a good look there. Your questions are likely to have already been answered.
0 x

ArtsyVandelay

Post by ArtsyVandelay »

I am planning to visit Uzbekistan again later this summer and would like to visit Kyrgyzstan as well. I happen to be from Pakistan and I've heard that e-visas for Pakistanis usually get rejected or at least that was the case pre-pandemic. Anyone got any input on this ? Should I be looking at getting a LOI for Kyrgyzstan ?
0 x

Iskandar

Post by Iskandar »

steven wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 5:30 am
Iskandar wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 7:50 pm
Dostyk border is only open for 32 nationalities, either from KG to UZ or from UZ to KG.
Ok, so this article in caravanistan is not exactly when said Uzbekistan had not restrictions in Dostik Border for go in: Only the following nationalities can cross the Dustlik border. Uzbekistan has no restrictions, it is Kyrgyzstan who does not let everyone in.
That is confusing.
0 x

northinsouth1

Post by northinsouth1 »

Perhaps a bit tangential to the thread, so if so, please feel free to remove/move elsewhere: I am going to Yerevan from Bishkek via Moscow. Any recs on which lab to use for a PCR and how quick the results came back? My Russian is so-so; not fluent by a long shot but am able to communicate some.
0 x

Wesley

Post by Wesley »

So here’s my report. Short version: I didn’t get in, had to return to Uzbekistan. Long version: me (Dutch passport, permanent resident of Switzerland) and my travel companion (Swiss passport, living in Switzerland) made our way to the Dustlik border crossing by bus - nothing odd to report there. The Uzbek border guards were all very friendly, made some smalltalk and some jokes with us in English, and it was all quite pleasant. I was not asked any questions, nor did I have to show the registration cards for the hotel nights. On the Kyrgyz side: nobody was that interested in the PCR test - as long as you wave with it from a distance and nobody can read what it says, it’s apparently fine. The first Kyrgyz soldiers who do the quick passport checks were also jolly and practiced their German on us, but at the proper border control (where you get your entry stamp), the rude and unthinking bureaucratic robot refused me entry. A 45-minute discussion (mediated by my Google Translate app, because none spoke English and my rudimentary Russian is not good enough for this sort of thing) ensued, but whenever I asked for rationales (why is a Dutch guy living in Switzerland more dangerous than a Swiss guy living in Switzerland? Why am I suddenly no danger anymore if I arrive by air?), all the answer he could muster was “regulation says no”. No empathy, no flexibility, no recognition of my official residence permit, nor of the Russian translation I had paid for for this occasion, nothing. So we gave up and returned to Uzbekistan, where the friendly guards genuinely commiserated with us. Not a very good first impression of that country, I must say. I will hold a grudge and not visit that place unless it’s inevitable, but that’s on them...
1 x

bwv812
China expert
China expert

Post by bwv812 »

If I arrive at Schiphol with Kyrgyz citizenship but Canadian residency they won't magically let me in without a visa just because I live in Canada. Not sure why it's surprising when regulations are followed in other countries as well.
3 x