Travel sharing first week of August

Share rides, hikes & tours in KG. Find partners for Torugart crossing to Kashgar.
Forum rules
1. Posts without a reply for more than 6 months are automatically removed.
lauraparrilla

Travel sharing first week of August

Post by lauraparrilla »

Hi!
It will be two of us travelling from the 2nd of August (Bishkek) to Karakol (and then cross to Saty). Our idea is arriving at Kochkor (and Song Kul) that 2nd of August (overnight at the lake) and then the next day travel to Karakol with a few stops. If anyone is thinking of hiring a car and would like to share costs or share the cost of shared taxis, please let us know.

Laura.
0 x

kammy

Re: Travel sharing first week of August

Post by kammy »

Hi, are you dates confirmed? I'm planning to cross to Saty mid-August.
0 x

brynpickering

Post by brynpickering »

Hi, I've PMed you both. In case you're still in Kyrgyzstan and planning to cross over to Kazakhstan soon, then you could share with us from Karakol to Saty on Saturday.
0 x

annacarvalho

Post by annacarvalho »

I’m also planning a trip to Kyrgyzstan now, and I’ve stumbled upon this thread. It’s cool to see I’m not the only American that wants to travel to that part of the world. I want to visit Bishkek and Karakol and then move to Kazakhstan to see my friend in Almaty. It will be a long trip, and I plan to start next spring.
I need to have a schedule, but I don’t want to stick to it too stiff, and I might want to visit some cool places I find out about while being on my way. How was your trip? Is it easy for an English-speaking person to communicate with the locals? My last trip was to Vienna with https://www.freetour.com/vienna, and most residents spoke fluent English to me, which was surprising.
0 x