Very expensive Tajikistan visa free scam

All about Tajikistan. Expert: Pamirski, Christian77
Kalpazan

Re: Very expensive Tajikistan visa free scam

Post by Kalpazan »

Well, I am flying in and out of Dushanbe on an e-visa. Hope all goes well. :)
0 x

Christian77
Tajikistan expert
Tajikistan expert

Post by Christian77 »

You don’t need registration for stays less than ten days. Chances of problems at the airport can be reduced by not being late, being confident, brushing off initial attempts at a bribe attempt, being white, having a passport of a country with tourists who put up strong resistance (Germany, Netherlands), being older, not being solo, etc… Arabs, Pakistanis, Chinese and black people are targeted more often. Having a British or American passport does not protect a black or Muslim person that much.

The sad clown commenting above would like to imagine that it is rich white males from wealthy colonialist countries being targeted. But it’s much more likely a young woman of color on a limited income from a middle income country who is victimized.
1 x

Alibobo

Post by Alibobo »

Christian77 wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2023 4:42 am
a young woman of color on a limited income from a middle income country who is victimized.
Lol carrying a 1000usd or more in cash sure lol

People like you put oil on a burning fire..dig the deepest stories of FB,instagram,etc and try to teach the masses on what do do and what not to do..fair enough no need to be dirspectful with people having different opinion

My advice don t carry a chit loads of cash on you..whoever you are (black,gay,trans,poor or rich)
0 x

Uzi

Post by Uzi »

The free 30-day visa allows for a 10-day or a 14-day (depending on whom you ask) long stay.
If you wish to stay longer, an e-visa is your best bet.
Otherwise, you need to register at the OVIR office and pay the registration fee ($25 - $50, depending on whom you ask)."
0 x

bwv812
China expert
China expert

Post by bwv812 »

Alibobo wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2023 8:49 am
Christian77 wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2023 4:42 am
a young woman of color on a limited income from a middle income country who is victimized.
My advice don t carry a chit loads of cash on you..whoever you are (black,gay,trans,poor or rich)
Uhh, it seems pretty normal to carry cash when traveling to places where ATMs often don't work. And $1000 is a shit-load of cash? If that's a shit load, it kind of undercuts your earlier argument that it really isn't that much money at all.
1 x

Koen

Post by Koen »

Hi,
O wow never heard of these stories when I travelled in 2018. I fly out of Dushanbe and back a month later on evisa if I remember correctly. didn't had any problems other then paying couple dollar to much for taxi when I arrived.
0 x
Rollingdutchman @ instagram

willemspie

Post by willemspie »

Actually, yes, this scam was already reported many years ago by some travellers, mostly Asians, although I encountered no problem
0 x