Embassy Report: Uzbekistan visa in Istanbul

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Embassy Report: Uzbek Embassy in Istanbul

Post by steven »

Please read and post reports on the Uzbek embassy in Istanbul below.

We summarize all info in the embassy reports of the Uzbek visa page.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

charlieb123

Embassy Report: Uzbekistan visa in Istanbul

Post by charlieb123 »

Went for Uzbek visa earlier this morning and was incredibly simple. Needed my documents printed and my passport photocopied - conveniently there is a small office (that I think does a lot of Uzbek visa applications) 30 metres away from the embassy that opened at 930 which was able to do this for 5 lira, awesome.

The consulate opened at 10am, but I was told that everyone applying for a visa gets in at 11am. The security guard had a list of people wanting visas and I put mine on. As soon as it hit 1055 three visa agents showed up and we were all let in together. The man behind the desk spoke good English, told me it would take ten days and sent me on my way. Only needed one application form, one passport photo and a photocopy of my passport. In and out in ten minutes. No LOI needed as expected.

If I was to do it again I'd turn up at 1045, put my name down, wait for ten minutes and be out by 1105.
0 x

Kapesta

Embassy report: Uzbekistan Visa in Istanbul

Post by Kapesta »

Hi all,
We (2 German passport holders), just succesfully got our Uzbekistani Visas here in Istanbul.
- Single Entry
- 30 Days
- 80USD/Visa (+ 3USD transaction fee of the bank, once for each visa => total 166USD)
- 10 day turnaround (incl. weekends)
- No LOI (not needed for german passport)

All in all we went to the consulate 3 times.
1st time you go, you hand in: 1 visa application form, 1 passport photo, 1 Photocopy of passport, and your passport. After the man checks the application is in order he gives you back your passport and tells you which day to come back.

2nd time you go, you take your passport to the same man, he checks if your visa is ready, if so, he sends you the next Akbank and tells you to come back at a certain time on the same day( You know its the closest one if you recognize the visa agents also making deposits). Here you make your deposit for the visa. Make sure to bring USD Cash and keep the reciept!

3rd time you go, (later on the same day) you essentially just swap the transaction reciept for your passport with visa.

Things to note:
- the embassy opens at 10, but all visa work is only handled at 11. Show up at 10:50 and get your name on the list (although i feel like this is a largely redundant/non-mandatory step)
- when we went there were almost always a bunch of Visa agents(5-8) also applying for visas, so each step at the embassy took us around 30 minutes.
- if you dont show up with your visa application form then you can go to a little tour/visa office where they can fill one out for you at 10TL/form. just make sure to check all information on the fom, as my friend's had a couple of errors. im sure they can also do copies for you.
- a lot of the waiting is not undercover/outdoors, if it looks like its going to rain then rain gear would definitely be a good idea
- we applied without an LOI, if you have an LOI then it seemed like you could get your Visa same day.

Hope this helps and isn't too long,
Happy travels!
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Embassy report: Uzbekistan Visa in Istanbul

Post by steven »

thanks!
0 x

NomadicYank

Consulate report: Uzbek consulate in Istanbul

Post by NomadicYank »

I am a U.S. Citizen and got an LOI in advance to expedite the visa process. I used Caravanistan for the service, and it was very well done.

The Uzbek embassy only starts visa processing at 11AM, so there isn't much point in getting there at their general opening hour of 10AM. I gave them the passport and application at 11AM (no queue) and was told to come back at 4PM to pick up, after making payment to AKBank (5 mins away by foot).

I previously read that AKBank required a Turkish residency to make payments, but this was not my experience. You just go there, take a number and pay in cash (USD for US citizens, Turkish Lira not accepted though presumably you could just change them to USD). AKBank collects a US$3 commission for taking the payment.

I was able to collect the passport at 4PM the same day. A taxi from Beyoglu to the consulate in Istinye ran about 40 TL (one way) in light / medium traffic.
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Consulate report: Uzbek consulate in Istanbul

Post by steven »

thank you!
0 x

rjr61

Uzbekistan Embassy in Istanbul

Post by rjr61 »

The Uzbekistan Embassy office in Istanbul, formerly in Istinye, has moved to: No.8 Lale Sok, Levent Cad - a five minute walk from the Levent Metro station.
IMG_20160205_155619_167.jpg
IMG_20160205_155619_167.jpg (205.44 KiB) Viewed 7381 times
30 day UZB visa (w.LOI) issued same day (turned up at 10am, issued at 3pm); US$80 + US$3 (bank charge) paid at Ak Bank, a short walk away.

NB: There is not a waiting room and you may have to wait outside the gates on the street. Unsure of office hours, sorry.
1 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Uzbekistan Embassy in Istanbul

Post by steven »

Thank you!
1 x

daveisbn

Re: Embassy Report: Uzbekistan visa in Istanbul

Post by daveisbn »

I just came from the Uzbek embassy in Istanbul with my visa. It was the easiest thing to do with the LOI. I arrived at 11am, I left at 1pm with the visa stamped in my passport. I paid 80 USD in the Akbank agency a block from there. They gave me a 21 days visa. You have to bring the passport photos, no passport copies were requested from me.
1 x

Dhr Guido

Re: Embassy Report: Uzbekistan visa in Istanbul

Post by Dhr Guido »

Today I picked up a 30 days tourist visa with LOI. Very easy, very fast. Had the visa in my passport within 30 minutes.
Guy at the gate let me and some other early birds in at 10 minutes before 10AM. I handed in a printed application form, the form with my telex number and a passport-size picture. Then paid 80 USD at Akbank (which is located on Carşi Caddesi, the first street that you pass through on your way from the metro station to the consulate. Also there are ATMs in this street that dispense USD).
0 x